I almost bought a Gibson.

For what it's worth...

I wanted a Les Paul since I was 14 years old.

I didn't get one until I was 33.

I still have it, and it's nice enough, but it's one of my least played guitars.

I'm going to go somewhere and try out a J45. It is probably just like the Guild and Martin I wanted back then; I have tried both recently, even the expensive models, and decided I no longer want them.

I'm going to go somewhere and try out a J45. It is probably just like the Guild and Martin I wanted back then; I have tried both recently, even the expensive models, and decided I no longer want them.

That's the best thing to do - try it and see if the actual instrument can live up to your expectation. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I've played several contemporary J45s and they were all well put together and sounded very nice. With a few years of playing under their belts, they would have sounded even better.

I had a 70's J50 with an amateur headstock repair from a prior owner that sounded really good. Bought it cheap and sold it for a lot towards what must have been the height of the "vintage" craze.

The end of my acoustic soul-search appears to have ended with a Collings.

Happy birthday and I do hope you get a chance to play a J45 one of these days. Maybe you'll like it, but either way you'll know for sure.

If my finances weren't to screwed up right now, I might have done it. If that same offer show up again in the fall I just may consider it. :grin:
Zzounds always has that offer, and it's not through a bullshit credit card either. They do run a credit check for items over 1K though.

Back