Hummmmmmmm, I need a cleaner amp sooo what's your recommend?

For future reference, if you need the name of some techs, there are a couple of good ones up this way, near Hartford. Maybe a little haul, but at least you don't have to deal with shipping an amp.

There's a great shop in Cranston, RI too if you ever were desperate for a repair.
Noll Guitars.
I've been going to these guys for 20 years. Highly recommended.

Alright so basically... here is the story on the Twin.

I bought it used in Atlanta. Brought it with me when I moved to Connecticut. It worked fine for a while. Then it started getting a weird statick-y noise. Took it to a tech who went through it thoroughly, or claimed to. Got it back, no static but now the smell of something burning. Sent it back to the same tech. He goes through it again and can't find anything wrong. Get it back, no more burning but static has returned. Tech says everything in the amp checks out electrically. I replace a speaker thinking it may be blown. Still get static. My friend in Atlanta recommends an excellent amp tech down there. I mail the chassis down. Tech guy thinks it's one of the tube sockets and replaces it. My friend ships the amp back. Upon arrival issue still exists. Frustrated, I list the amp on Craigslist (with issues disclosed). Wind up trading it for my Strymon El Capistan.

The DV Mark should arrive tomorrow - I will report back after I use it with @Help!I'maRock! on Thursday's rehearsal.

d5cc108f25dcbfa3e162ec27007287bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Crapapost

Back