How's Reverb working out for selling gear?

Mixed. One sale was smooth, one was a PITA and two others I've had hundreds of views, but no watches or even offers. Buying on there has been about the same.

I've got my two listings up there. One has just over 100 views in a week; the other has around 30 in two days.

It's a great-looking site and layout, but traffic ain't quite there yet IMO.

I've got a guitar on CL right now that is getting no interest, so I might try Reverb before putting it on eBay.

Why is it a PItA?

The buyer was. He had issues getting PayPal squared away, but expected me to ship anyway and when I said I wouldn't, he sent me 11 messages over the course of the day. Almost told him to fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

I like the layout. It seems like everything I click on is a dealer listing & I get the impression from the comments in the thread that there just isn't enough traffic yet.

My craigslist items are getting good interest & I'm engaging in some good email nego but no one has committed yet. Of course, the usual deal fishing too.

The buyer was. He had issues getting PayPal squared away, but expected me to ship anyway and when I said I wouldn't, he sent me 11 messages over the course of the day. Almost told him to fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

oh... so it was the buyer... not the service... got ya!!!

Just listed my VHT there. I will let you know if it sells, it has been floundering on Ebay for a while.

Back