How many of you get some nice time off in the next couple of weeks?

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I was supposed to be out of here until the 29th as of yesterday night. Obviously that did not happen. I think (maybe) I will get Monday off next week - and probably Friday. There are times when it sucks having no backup person at work. Better than unemployment.

So.....(yes that is on purpose...)....how 'bout you?

Off the dayjob from the 24th until the 2nd, 4 gigs in 6 days though so not exactly much relaxing going on though. :grin:
Way more fun gigging though. :wink:

I am "on vacation" next week.

Now, my wife's idea of MY vacation was to take my son and daughter and drive 500 miles one way to stops in Delaware, MD and PA and visit relatives in a whirlwind tour and then drive 500 miles back. Meanwhile, I will be sleeping on couches, floors, in people's houses that don't have room for all of us.

I had offered to pay for my other 2 daughters' tickets up to Boston and then go get them, but for whatever reason, they're not into that. Can't be bothered, whatever.

So, I pretty much said "Fuck that."

So now I am in the doghouse, everyone is pissed at me, and I don't give a shit.

They (my wife, daughter 22, and son 19) are slated to leave at 3pm today and come back the day before Christmas Eve.

I just bought a new house and want to use MY vacation painting and redoing stuff around the house, not cram packing a miserable car ride (about 20 hours round trip) into a 4 day whirlwind tour to go sleep on floors and couches and see my in-laws, pay to put the dog somewhere, etc...etc..etc...

Guess I'm the asshole.

It's my company's end of fiscal year, so I get the 25th off. I'm done by 2:embarrassed:0 a.m. Jan. 1 (midnight PT).

I've been off since Wednesday, and I am not going back until sometime in early January. I haven't decided what day yet. Of course, off still means doing at least a few hours of work a day.

Well, the semester is over at the college. Right now, I have no appointments booked on the 24th or 25th. I'll probably do a couple of early appointments on the 31st, then take off the 1st. School starts back up the end of January.

I'm taking the 24th and 25th off as well as the 31st and 1st

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My normal schedule (Wed, Thu, Fri) involves 2 half days of work and 2 paid holidays over the next pay period. Might have to come in for some monday and tuesday sessions just to make bills work.

Our company used to have a plant shut down the week between Christmas and New Years. We were purchased by a cheap-ass company a couple years ago and have been losing perks ever since. I'll take a few days off though, so basically work 4 or 5 days over the next two weeks.

I should be getting laid off soon as the temp gig has about run it's course.Thank Dog!

I'm technically off until the 5th, but have a couple of big events that are happening right after we come back, so I have a feeling I'll be doing some work during the break.

Back