How many kids did you want? How many do you have?

Dudeman1967

blah, blah, blah...
This talk about getting snipped made me wonder.

I wanted no kids. My wife wanted two kids. We "compromised" and had two kids. :annoyed:

Both were planned and both are wonderful.

I wanted six, my wife didn't want any. Once we had the first (a boy) we decided to have one more (a girl). Both planned, and both turned out generally excellent.

We wanted none and wound up with 1. She's three now and couldn't see ourselves without her. Her first birthday present was me getting snipped.

Two. We planned for them and then were were done and I had the plumbing altered to keep it that way. I never saw myself as a parent until I met my wife so if you had asked me about it 17.5 years ago I would have said "none".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we were thinking three, but stopped at two. Love both our boys (they're 27 and 22) and happy with the decision to keep the family the size it is.

Well, I married a woman with twins.
So, that was planned.

We had another together.
We didn't explicitly plan the third as in, "Okay. Let's do this now before X, Y, and Z happens in our lives."
We just let it happen when it happened and welcomed it when it did.

I didn't want kids until I had one. Then I wanted no more than 2, so we had 2. I didn't want to be outnumbered. My wife got her tubes tied during the second c-section, so no more for us.

Never wanted kids.

Then I fell in love with my future wife, and she had a daughter.

So then we kinda decided to have one.

Then we got married.

3 years and 3 days after my first, we received our second.

That's enough. Love my kids more than life itself, and any memories of life before kids is kinda foggy.

tl;dr
0-3 and happy.

I wasn't really sure. My wife wanted one. I decided I was cool with that, so we had one--totally planned.

Zero and zero, with an appointment scheduled in a few weeks to ensure that remains the case forever.

I have no desire whatsoever of having kids. I have two nephews and I love them, but...I really don't need any of my own - much of it because of how I live my life.
Having a kid or two would be irresponsible of me. I know a few who should have thought about that before having them.

Back