How many dirt pedals on your board?

On my current board I have the Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver and the Mr Sage Double Pickle Drive. I also use the ZVex Channel 2 as a buffer at the end of my chain, but it's only for rehearsal space amps.

Way too many and most I don't use. But every time I think of selling, I end up playing through them and decide to keep them. Especially when I factor in what I think I would be offered for them.

Way too many and most I don't use. But every time I think of selling, I end up playing through them and decide to keep them. Especially when I factor in what I think I would be offered for them.
Yeah, that's always the tough part. For some, I may get $50. But if I sell 6 of those, then I can re-buy the pedal I was an idiot to sell in the first place. :thu:

Can never have enough dirt brother. In the cave back there is an MT2 and a Metal Core. MT2 with the SD1 kicked on are my favorite at the moment.

small and big.jpg

The Mojo Hand Colossus is pretty secure.

The Fulltone Plimsoul is off the board and I honestly am not missing it. I found I was stepping on the Colossus a lot more when I wanted to guitaristically say "fuck it". I might sell the Plimsoul if I don't have a change of heart.

There's a Marshall Jackhammer for when I want a more normal crunch.

8b28024a031b439ca12c4a44a40a6ec1.jpg

Wow. I count 6 not including the ones in the M9. Way too many I guess. But I like having them there and use all of them once in a while so there you go. I am missing the Boss DS-1 that I like to use with the chorus sometimes. :grin: I don't use the Guv'nor very often so I could lose that one I guess.

Last edited:
After the first night of face-offs, here's the board for now. The astute may see that I'm behind on two pretty epic NPD threads, and I'll get around to that. A couple observations: some amps that are expensive are, shockingly, superior. One of my problems was that they all sounded pretty muddy through my backup amp. Second, even though I hear a LOT more definition from my Carr, LOTS of pedals sound like a Rat (maybe because it seems to occupy that space between a distortion and fuzz). Anyway, none of this shit sounds the same.

image.jpg

After the first night of face-offs, here's the board for now. The astute may see that I'm behind on two pretty epic NPD threads, and I'll get around to that. A couple observations: some amps that are expensive are, shockingly, superior. One of my problems was that they all sounded pretty muddy through my backup amp. Second, even though I hear a LOT more definition from my Carr, LOTS of pedals sound like a Rat (maybe because it seems to occupy that space between a distortion and fuzz). Anyway, none of this shit sounds the same.

View attachment 21063

I really like the clips I have heard from the reverb pedal.

Would you use the looper if you were playing with others or is it more of a practice tool?

And I ordered a Russian Muff style pedal last night. Please help me!

I really like the clips I have heard from the reverb pedal.

Would you use the looper if you were playing with others or is it more of a practice tool?

And I ordered a Russian Muff style pedal last night. Please help me!
The Reverb sounds really nice. I sold the Strymon and bought this for two reasons. One, it's a simpler layout. With the Bitquest, I already have an engineering project on my board, and didn't think I needed another (though the complexity of the Bitquest far exceeds the Blue Sky). Second, it has a built-in delay, which saved a spot on the board (the Bitquest does also). Though I am digging it, I do really prefer the Blue Sky, which is why I'll be buying another. I'm having a tough time finding the sweet sport on the Context, between too subtle and too much, but I'll get there. It's a great pedal and I think it'll serve me well. I don't plan to sell it (famous last words).

My buddy at work (who also lives nearby) and I plan to eventually be proficient enough to use loopers in a jam setting. We play around with them now, but I'm still awfully clumsy with it at this point. Since it's just the two of us, with the option of him on bass or drums, I'd like to be able to get there eventually. I'm also interested in checking out the Band in a Box, as it's got drums and bass and it appears simpler to use than the Beat Buddy (which you can't find anyway).

Which one??

The Reverb sounds really nice. I sold the Strymon and bought this for two reasons. One, it's a simpler layout. With the Bitquest, I already have an engineering project on my board, and didn't think I needed another (though the complexity of the Bitquest far exceeds the Blue Sky). Second, it has a built-in delay, which saved a spot on the board (the Bitquest does also). Though I am digging it, I do really prefer the Blue Sky, which is why I'll be buying another. I'm having a tough time finding the sweet sport on the Context, between too subtle and too much, but I'll get there. It's a great pedal and I think it'll serve me well. I don't plan to sell it (famous last words).

My buddy at work (who also lives nearby) and I plan to eventually be proficient enough to use loopers in a jam setting. We play around with them now, but I'm still awfully clumsy with it at this point. Since it's just the two of us, with the option of him on bass or drums, I'd like to be able to get there eventually. I'm also interested in checking out the Band in a Box, as it's got drums and bass and it appears simpler to use than the Beat Buddy (which you can't find anyway).

Which one??

Which one? Come on, that shouldn't be too hard. :grin:

Mojo hand is releasing their BMP 1 again, this time it is a 2. The first 25 people who order get it for $129 so there are only 24 left.

Oh let's see....

1. TS9 modded to 808
2. Blues Driver (Surpisingly un-modded)
3. Fox Pedals Foxtail
4. My Klon Klone (on the workbench)
5. JHS Double Barrel
6. Fulltone Octafuzz

In the works -

Fuzz Face with Ge PNPs...

I'm redoing the board(s) this weekend.

I don't think they are even built yet. There has to video of the BMP-1. He said they are the same just with a more board friendly enclosure and higher gain transistors.
Yep, there are. Cool. This particular Muff flavor isn't my thing, but I think I'm in the minority.

Yep, there are. Cool. This particular Muff flavor isn't my thing, but I think I'm in the minority.

I'm not sure if it is my thing either, I think I am more the Rams Head Muff, but it wouldn't be the first time I bought a pedal on a whim and ended up hating it. :grin:

I'm not sure if it is my thing either, I think I am more the Rams Head Muff, but it wouldn't be the first time I bought a pedal on a whim and ended up hating it. :grin:
I helped my friend sell an original. He got 3 hundo for it. I thought it sounded like farts. I don't think that this one, or the W&C Tall Font, sound as harsh. But I just can't get into the grittier fuzzes (like this one or the fuzz face) unless it's just completely over the top (like a fuzz factory or the like).

Back