How many cup of coffee on average do you drink per day ?

The coffee that comes in them is terrible, the machines don't heat the water high enough, and the plastic waste is nearly as bad as disposable diapers.
exactly why you buy the reusable gold filter and grind your own beans. Never had a problem with low water temperature and mine is three years old.

Have you ever tried to grind only 2 tablespoons of coffee beans? Even the grinder laughs at you.

not a problem in a burr grinder but who in their right mind grinds for each cup unless they are cork sniffing. Grind a few days worth...wtf!

Zero. I don't care for coffee.

I'll drink iced tea, but right now I've been averaging almost 2 quarts of water per day.

A few days worth? You might as well buy pre-ground beans.

:facepalm: This isn't a cork sniffing competition . Nobody cares how much of an elitist you are. FWIW I use a vacuum sealed jar and over the course of a bag of coffee.. beans vs grind , beans are my choice but sometimes i do buy pre ground if it's on sale or I'm feeling lazy.

:facepalm: This isn't a cork sniffing competition . Nobody cares how much of an elitist you are. FWIW I use a vacuum sealed jar and over the course of a bag of coffee.. beans vs grind , beans are my choice but sometimes i do buy pre ground if it's on sale or I'm feeling lazy.

It's not about being corksniffy. It's about not drinking shitty coffee. Nothing about how I make coffee is corksniffy in any way. The corksniffers would laugh at how I make coffee. It's still better than Keurig.

It's not about being corksniffy. It's about not drinking shitty coffee. Nothing about how I make coffee is corksniffy in any way. The corksniffers would laugh at how I make coffee. It's still better than Keurig.

what you are saying then is that your palate is SO advanced that it can tell the difference between beans ground same day or two dats later :sniffscork: I call phooey. Because I've been buying beans since 1991 or thereabouts and I can't tell the difference between grounds freshly grinded and immediatly brewed or grounds in a ziploc bag on the third day of a camp trip....but thern maybe again I'm not as advanced as you are cop0

what you are saying then is that your palate is SO advanced that it can tell the difference between beans ground same day or two dats later :sniffscork: I call phooey. Because I've been buying beans since 1991 or thereabouts and I can't tell the difference between grounds freshly grinded and immediatly brewed or grounds in a ziploc bag on the third day of a camp trip....but thern maybe again I'm not as advanced as you are cop0
Coffee, like cigarettes, goes stale very quickly. 3 days isn't as bad as 2 weeks, but there's definitely a difference. It takes 2 minutes to grind coffee. Just do it.

Coffee, like cigarettes, goes stale very quickly. 3 days isn't as bad as 2 weeks, but there's definitely a difference. It takes 2 minutes to grind coffee. Just do it.

The thing is I just don't feel the need to grind for every coffee "session" I dump an average amount in the burr grinder and that lasts me 1-3 days depending on time of year. Earlier this year i took to having a cup when i got home from work. If I were to grind each time that would be morning and night...too much effort with diminishing returns imho.

The thing is I just don't feel the need to grind for every coffee "session" I dump an average amount in the burr grinder and that lasts me 1-3 days depending on time of year. Earlier this year i took to having a cup when i got home from work. If I were to grind each time that would be morning and night...too much effort with diminishing returns imho.
Yeah, that 30 seconds extra builds up over the decades. I mean, why spend it making fresh coffee when instead you could spend it arguing about hot dogs on the Internet? :tongue:

Yeah, that 30 seconds extra builds up over the decades. I mean, why spend it making fresh coffee when instead you could spend it arguing about hot dogs on the Internet? :tongue:

The thing is lets say I wake up on Tuesday...I already got beans ground from monday waiting for me in my Bodum vacuum canister. I wake up, take a piss walk into the kitchen, turn on the Kuerig feed the dog, tap my gold filter on the counter, empty the grinds in the trash ...quick rinse, load the filter with my pre ground grinds, press the large button, throw a dash of milk in the mug whilst it's getting coffee dripped into it and I'm drinking my coffee before you can even reseal your coffee bag.

At the end of the day I walk in the door from work turn the machine on and in less than 3 minutes i have a cup of joe. If I ground it It'd be 3 :30 seconds and more electricity and more wear and tear on my grinder. :ksmash:

I'm almost definitely a cork-sniffer (not literally, that's just silly), but I grind a single cups worth of beans in a burr grinder when I'm making coffee at home. (which happens extremely rarely)

I'm almost definitely a cork-sniffer (not literally, that's just silly), but I grind a single cups worth of beans in a burr grinder when I'm making coffee at home. (which happens extremely rarely)

What grinder do you have? I'm looking for a new one.

A rancilio rocky. I'm not sure I would pay that much for a grinder (it came with the wife), but the thing IS a tank. works perfectly every time and should last forever.

Yeah, that's way out of my price range. Especially when you consider I have a $10 blade grinder and a $20 coffee pot. I'm considering the Baratza Encore, and going back to French Press. One of these days I'll finally buy it.

Back