How Do You Turn Off Your Brain??Sleep...

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
I really don't like coming here with such a small problem and I know there are people here dealing with much bigger issues but perhaps there's someone in the know.....

As I'm getting older I'm having a hard time sleeping...I think I'm tired and I lay down but my brain won't shut off..Doesn't matter if I'm with another or not..

I've tried Melatonin, Nytol, all shit like that and I crash for about an hour and wake back up as fast and as if I've been punched in the face...

Anybody have any home remedies other than drinking yourself into a stupor??

Last edited:
I'm guessing that by the time this thread gets any response,(if it gets any at all), that I'll be fast asleep for an hour......

I've been getting a lot of this recently too. Normally it's connected with caffeine content for me, but the past few days it definitely hasn't been. However, I have been watching TV just before trying to sleep, so maybe I need to cut that out.

This has been an issue with me also in recent months.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest things seems to be alcohol, sometimes even a small amount in the evening can lead me to have a night without much sleep. FML :mad:

Melatonin does help somewhat with me, at least to get that sleepy feeling going. It isn't a sure thing by any means though.

Getting to sleep is easier than waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to sleep until 20 minutes before the fucking alarm goes off.

Taking 1 Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) about an hour before bedtime is an option.
53928495.jpg

Last edited:
More exercise.

Counterintuitive, but alcohol can be very disruptive for sleep patterns. So cut that out.

Orgasms.

On a personal note, listening to podcasts or audiobooks in the dark: total sleeping pill. For me, and for some.

More exercise.

Counterintuitive, but alcohol can be very disruptive for sleep patterns. So cut that out.

Orgasms.

On a personal note, listening to podcasts or audiobooks in the dark: total sleeping pill. For me, and for some.

agree with all of these. you could even go so far as to listen to a meditation podcast or check out ASMR vids on youtube (listen but don't watch)

More exercise.

Orgasms.

Now you just have to figure out how to combine them and go for the trifecta. Have sex on the treadmill with your SO while listening to a boring podcast with the lights out.

Reactions: Tig
I have never had trouble falling asleep. I can sleep just about anywhere or anytime and it drives my wife crazy, she takes forever to fall asleep.

My doctor suggested melatonin for me and it seems to work. The bright screens thing doesn't seem to be a factor for me but he told me to shut them off a half hour before bed as well.

I usually dunk my sack into a bowl of lukewarm turnip juice and scream "boy, am I tired" until I nod off.

I have RLS, so I'd wake up at 2am, legs wanting to run around the block. I'm on Requip. It keeps me knocked out till the alarm goes off.

Back