How do you sweeten your drinks?

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I’m carrying this over from the politics thread. How do you sweeten your tea and coffee?

For spiced teas (chai) or peppermint I go with very raw honey—the stuffy that still has wax in it. Sometimes I use honey with jasmine tea, especially if it’s the first two times I’m using the leaves; on the third and fourth infusion I go without honey. I almost never sweeten white tea and occasionally sweeten kava. With plain coffee I almost always use honey, especially now that I’ve started using an aeropress so I don’t get any bitter notes in the coffee. In cappucino I use raw sugar or occasionally honey. For plain black or chrysanthemum tea I like splenda. I very rarely sweeten anything with white sugar, probably because I never had it at home until I started baking more earlier this year.

I drink my coffee black. 95% of the time, I don't put anything in my tea. The other 5% of the time, I'm either sick, or I'm hiding terrible whiskey in the tea. I use honey.

I don't drink coffee that often.
An espresso black. If I do sweeten is I use Anisette.

Tea might get 1 sugar cube,or a little honey.

I usually go for dark roast coffee, and I put a very small amount of cream and sugar into it. I've also been on a white tea kick.... although it's spendy as hell, I'll hit Teavana for some of the earl grey white. (cue Capt Picard please) The first infusion always gets a bit of plain sugar or honey. Cuts the bitterness down significantly. Also, I try not to use artificial sweetners. Those things make my guts go into a nasty wrench.

I usually go for dark roast coffee, and I put a very small amount of cream and sugar into it. I've also been on a white tea kick.... although it's spendy as hell, I'll hit Teavana for some of the earl grey white. (cue Capt Picard please) The first infusion always gets a bit of plain sugar or honey. Cuts the bitterness down significantly. Also, I try not to use artificial sweetners. Those things make my guts go into a nasty wrench.

FYI - Starbucks is closing a significant number, if not all, of the Teavanas. And they're being sued by Simon malls for it.

I drink my coffee black - cream and/or sugar just ruin it. I mostly drink tea at Chinese restaurants. Again, no sweetener. Like Flamencology, I will drink tea and honey if I have a sore throat and a gig.

Unless I have a cold no additives then sometimes lemon and honey in tea. If I'm sick then the nasty chinese tea that my wife buys for such an occasion.

Props @Tig for the Guess Who reference :thu:

Reactions: Tig
Back