How do you fry an egg?

Cook some chorizo with onions and diced tomatoes. When they are almost done crack a few eggs in there and let the whites mingle with the chorizo but don't stir. Put a lid over the pan so that the eggs steam/poach. Serve with corn tortillas burnt along the edges. That is a breakfast in heaven.

Try this- (make sure you have a skillet with a lid that fits)

Fry egg as normal, preferably with butter over med heat. Instead of flipping it, when the white is cooked pour in about 1/3 cup of water(depending on the skillet size, you want at least 1/16" of water over the entire bottom) and slap the lid on it. leave it for a minute or so, a little longer than you would if you flipped it. It will steam poach the egg with a nice white coat, leaving the yoke thick but runny, and it'll look perfect.

Should come out like this

I do this for things like hash browns or soyrizo (soy chorizo) when I want some melted cheese on top of a crispy dish.

I do the lid thing too, except I don't usually add water. (I should try that) It helps to get you a semi-solid yolk without flipping the egg.

Also useful for making a egg-in-the-basket when you don't want to flip but don't want a really runny yolk.

I actually fried some pretty good eggs this morning. I just didn't mess with them until the whites started cooking on top, gave them a quick flip and they were done.

Runny yolk, and slighty jelly white. With buttered toast. And bacon, of course.

Bacon and yolk is one of the most fantastic things ever.

Nom-in-a-hole!

IMG_0320.JPG

Am I the only idiot in the world who can't flip an egg to save his life? I like Sunny-side up, but I can't even get them out of the fucking pan without destroying them. Nonstick, butter, canola oil… No matter what, I just can't fucking do it.

Am I the only idiot in the world who can't flip an egg to save his life? I like Sunny-side up, but I can't even get them out of the fucking pan without destroying them. Nonstick, butter, canola oil… No matter what, I just can't fucking do it.

I'm in the same boat, but I just stopped caring what they look like. Most of the time now I'll pop the yolk, let it overcook a little, and then when I try to flip it come what may.

Another reason the microwave Stonepot is awesome :embarrassed:

I like mine only just a bit runny. More like semi-solid.

If I order eggs over medium at a restaurant they turn out too runny, over well, and they are too solid :(

Back