How did you all come up with your MWGLF screen names?

In high school. Guy asks my name, which is not even close to "eloy", he misheard and says "Eloy?" We laugh. I make a Hotmail account, and since I play drums and like rhymes, I choose eloydrummerboy. The end.

.... Or is it?!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Damn and I get pissed when someone asks my name and they say "Jack?" At least Jack is a real name and kinda sounds like my name. I don't know if I can come up with a name farther away fro yours than Eloy. :grin:

Another holdover from HG. I was signing up and Motorhead - Dog Face Boy came on. Me and my black lab did a dance,kept the handle

I am normally known as Joe Bags.

Damn and I get pissed when someone asks my name and they say "Jack?" At least Jack is a real name and kinda sounds like my name. I don't know if I can come up with a name farther away fro yours than Eloy. :grin:

I still have to make a conscious effort to not call him Eloy.

13 years ago, August 2003, I was 17 and I was just about to finish my very first summer job. A friend of mine, dreamspace/JonathanLA over at Harmony Central, had shown me that forum (he posted mostly in Amps), and said I should give it a go. I spent a few days pondering about a somewhat clever name, not wanting to go by "hendrix_boy85" or something like that. So the forum name was simply two of my favourite guitarists, who had an equal number of syllables in their names, mixed together. The name stuck, and I've been using it in virtually every forum I've posted in ever since. Was even introduced to Guthrie Govan as "Yngtchie Blacksteen", something he found quite amusing.

Ironically, it took me 13 years to actually start learning Yngwie licks properly.

Started out as my AOL SN back in the '90s. I was obsessed with Pink Floyd and David Gilmour. For some reason my brain went into last name, first initial mode and thus spawned GilmourD.

If you ever see a guy by the name of [TC]CreepingDeath or something similar in gaming venues that's also me. The TC stands for Total Carnage, a clan my brother and I formed in the old Team Fortress Classic days, and besides being a Metallica song I always played as the heavy weapons guy, who would creep slowly and bring lots of death.

Mine started out as a holdover from back in the late 80's. I had 2 or 3 different email addy's and one by one they all got spammed and hacked mercilessly. So I came up with parrothead, simply because I love Buffett tunes, and the a1a is from JB's album title. I figured it would be another throwaway, but to my surprise it has held up. Now watch some 'tard louse it up on me.

Back in the day I was a forum noob and used my real name. Over time I decided that probably wasn't a good idea. So in the middle of an HC Murphy takeover I changed it. I wanted an old Bluesmen style name. Pine Apple is an actual town in South Alabama. I'm not a big guy, so Slim seemed appropriate.

Back