Hovercraft question

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I’m thinking about buying a Hovercraft Dwarvenaut. I like my Blackstar but I almost never use it without my Monstro Matamp pedal because it just doesn’t do the big ballsy doom sound that I like. I want an amp that can nail the vintage Orange/Matamp tones with that static-spitting distortion tone you hear on Electric Wizard albums—but without having to crank a 100 watt head. The Dwarvenaut nails these tones in demo videos, but I’m not sure how loud it has to be to do that. Is this the sound of the Dwarvenaut’s preamp gain? Or would I have to play it at 110+ decibels to get that sound?

I have no idea, but I will say that the attenuator I bought a while back gives me the full on cranked amp tone at super low volume.

I have no idea, but I will say that the attenuator I bought a while back gives me the full on cranked amp tone at super low volume.

I’m trying to avoid buying any extra stuff right now. Although I guess before I get a new amp I should just try spending much less money to crank the shit out of the amp I have…

I’m trying to avoid buying any extra stuff right now. Although I guess before I get a new amp I should just try spending much less money to crank the shit out of the amp I have…

The one I bought was $65 and it works great.

I used to own a dwarvenaut. they are really good amps. you can easily get those types of tones at lower volumes.

the amp can do a lot more than just that one type of sound though. really nice low and mid gain tones too.

I really want the caribou.

Back