Hotone amps

wagdog

Ack
These things look really cool and deserve their own thread!

http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nanolegacy/

I'm thinking of getting the Diamond (tweed):

1-150119160555P9.png

British (AC30):
1-15011G3351CN.jpg

Marshall:
1-15011G34046334.jpg

Heart attack (MESA? Hi-gain):
1-15011G33G5J1.jpg

Bass:
1-15011G3412L15.jpg

I see these really cheap on GC used once in a while. If you bite, let me know how it is.

So, Vox Wharfdale 30 watt speakers vs a Celestion 25 watt Greenback... I'll buy that as the biggest difference between the two.

Pretty much. And lower wattage driving it. Product seems to deliver.
It seems to sound right.

The thing you can't get from a video though is how an amp (any amp) feels. It's hard to describe, but there is a feel and a responsiveness to tube amps that solid state amps can't deliver. Whether or not that's the case here, I don't know. Have to try one (and when that diamond model becomes available, I probably will).

I watched that one with the tweed sound now. I thought I must have seen it before but realized it was new. Anyway, I think that one would be for me.

It seems to sound right.

The thing you can't get from a video though is how an amp (any amp) feels. It's hard to describe, but there is a feel and a responsiveness to tube amps that solid state amps can't deliver. Whether or not that's the case here, I don't know. Have to try one (and when that diamond model becomes available, I probably will).

Some of the better dirt pedals are like that. If a pedal is SS, why can't a SS amp respond ?

I had the purple one for a while... you had to crank it to get a good tone out of it. seriously, ear piercingly loud

Back