Hot wings + Vanilla Porter =

The wings are all gone....

breckenridgevanilla_large.png

I imagine a vanilla porter and spicy hot wings might conflict..but ..hell..what do I know?

The hot wings had 'hot' sauce. And yeah....vanilla porter was probably not the best pairing with the hot wings.....but I was in a vanilla porter mood.

My last wings episode ('nuclear' wings at a local place by SCU called wicked chicken) was vaguely up satisfying. I didn't have a beer -- perhaps that was what was wrong, or maybe it's because I had the wings IN sauce, instead of the sauce on the side, like usual...

The hot wings had 'hot' sauce. And yeah....vanilla porter was probably not the best pairing with the hot wings.....but I was in a vanilla porter mood.

Usually, though, vanilla porters aren't that vanilla, so it's all good.

FWIW, tonight I finished off a Lagunitas Stout, followed by a LaBatt's Blue :messedup:. I'm already semi-buzzed, and gonna top that off with a little bourbon later...yeah, I'm having a little Sunday night binge before jumping back on the straight-and-narrow wagon for a while :(

Usually, though, vanilla porters aren't that vanilla, so it's all good.

FWIW, tonight I finished off a Lagunitas Stout, followed by a LaBatt's Blue :messedup:. I'm already semi-buzzed, and gonna top that off with a little bourbon later...yeah, I'm having a little Sunday night binge before jumping back on the straight-and-narrow wagon for a while :(

Idk, Breckenridge is pretty full tilt vanilla. That said, It's probably their best beer outside of 471 that I've had.

Idk, Breckenridge is pretty full tilt vanilla. That said, It's probably their best beer outside of 471 that I've had.

Yeah. The Breck has a definitely vanilla taste. It really did not work well with the hot wings as a pairing - but they were both just good.

Back