Hot or Not? Hot or not? This Craigslist Ibanez

speakerjones

my hat is all
The couple of Roadstars that I've played have been pretty nice Strats. Not something I'd go out of my way for, but a good budget alternative to a Squier or MIM Strat. I've never seen one with the fake F-holes, but remember another Ibanez having this treatment, maybe a Paul Gilbert sig model or something?

condition: good
VINTAGE 1983 IBANEZ ROADSTAR II
Own a great piece of NOSTALGIA! I absolutely love this guitar, but I just have too many right now and it's Christmas...so I could use the cash. It's missing a back plate for the tremolo springs, and I put in a block to stabilize the tremolo. The guitar plays and sounds great. These guitars were extremely well made back in the 80s and have fantastic necks. Classic dual humbucker in the bridge and super clean KILLER single coil in the neck.
$300 firm.

dfe4257589e14559d9207f72c13937dc.jpg

91c57726cc4b546651694bc01e16c09d.jpg

47db01d25f00af6cc76c62bea928a4ff.jpg

Fake F holes = instant fail.

And the fact that I don't think they're original to that guitar makes it even worse.
Something about that body doesn't ring true, either.
I thought they all came with pickguards on them.

Something's fishy and I don't like it at all.......

The f-holes were added later and look terrible.

There was a time when I very much wanted this guitar. Not so much now. They aren't bad guitars but most of them haven't been well maintained over the last 30 years.

Yeah - it is the Paul Gilbert sig that has the fake f-holes. These were obviously added later on and were not stock.

I would try it out and offer $250 cash for it if I liked were it in my neighborhood...and obviously remove the f-holes. I'd prefer a white one, but that's one of those guitars I want, but was no longer made when I started playing. Actually, I didn't know they existed until several years later. Coincidentally, my first good guitar was this Ibanez Proline:

Thumb_25.jpg

Well not this exact one, but an identical one bought new in early 1985. Here's a better pic of the red version (with and after market bridge pup and string lock at the headstock):

241pjko.jpg

The fine-tuning and locking version of the Rocker trem left a lot to be desired regarding tuning stability. But after falling out of love with the guitar in general, but the shape aesthetically I've developed an new found and deep appreciation of this unique twist on the Strat.

Back