Hot or Not - Strymon - El Capistan dTape Echo

here is part 2...I'll have to watch it later though:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's absolutely crazy, I've never seen a delay that has that many options. :eek: I had a hard enough time figuring out the TC Electronics Nova Delay when my dad got that pedal, lol.

That's absolutely crazy, I've never seen a delay that has that many options. :eek: I had a hard enough time figuring out the TC Electronics Nova Delay when my dad got that pedal, lol.

Features are great and impressive but when I am playing I don't want to not have to play around with a unit to get what I need. The TC Flashback and TC Reverb works great for me.

I've seen those around but I had no idea about the depth and intricacy of the design. I think that's just about the coolest delay I've ever heard. I'm definitely experiencing some GAS. Looks like there's a bit of a wait to get one though.

Features are great and impressive but when I am playing I don't want to not have to play around with a unit to get what I need. The TC Flashback and TC Reverb works great for me.
Yeah, I actually don't use delay at all in my playing, lol. I've fooled around with a couple though. If I was gonna have one, I'm with you, I'd need something simple like a Carbon Copy or Flashback, lol.

Those secondary options where you have to hold both the switches down to get them seem like they would be a pain in the butt to access live, lol. I know those features are probably more "set and forget" then needed on the fly, but still, lol.

I didn't know it had reverb either, guess I need to talk to son more often. Been looking at reverbs. :facepalm:

Yes it it hot. Brought son to Makin Music last summer, if he was going to spend that much, he was going to hear it in person. $300 is a lot of money. He also tried the Lex. Same money, also Strymon. It's a rotary speaker sim. We played with both for an hour. The Lex, we fiddled, and fiddled with the knobs, got one good sound out of it. They should just set it like that at the factory, and save the money for the pots, and knobs. Good, but not $300 good. He bought the El Cap.

Back