Hot or not - Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster - Surf Green

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster - Surf Green

squier_vintage_modified_surf_stratocaster1.jpg

Fender Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster - Surf Green

The Fender Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster is a striking departure from your daddy's old Strat, with a trio of spanky, sparkly Duncan Designed lipstick pickups, perfect for surf, garage rock, and old-school punk tones. Distinctive finishes evoke the fun-and-sun of Fender's early days in Southern California, and Fender's legendary attention to tone and quality make the Fender Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster a no-brainer.
Fender Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster Features:

• Basswood Body
  • Distinctive Finish Options
  • White Pearloid Pickguard
  • 25 1/2" Scale
  • Maple "C" Shape Neck w/ Vintage Tint Gloss Finish
  • 9.5" Radius Rosewood Fretboard w/ 21 Med Jumbo Frets
  • Vintage Style Vibrato
  • Trio of Duncan Designed LS-102 Single-Coil Lipstick Pickups
  • 5-Position Switch, Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck), Tone 2 (Middle)

I love surf green strats with rosewood boards...but not convinced about lipstick pickups.

depends on what you use them for. I used El Borrachitos lipstick tube strat for a recording and it was great for funk and some other stuff but I wouldn 't have them in my main guitar.

I've played one of these, in CAR (like finish color affects tone, whatever). I can assure you, they are most definitely hot. Very bright, yes, but they do exactly as they say on the tin. I also like them through the Excelsior (local shop has both) on the dark setting, it's a good sound, especially with the volume on the amp cranked.

I like lipsticks, well the old Dano ones anyway is all Ive played.
If they sound like that, then I'm all for these Strats.

I like that a lot. I've never played lipstick pickups before, so I would have to try it before I buy it, but it looks hot.

Back