Hosa has won me over....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I've used Hosa for adapters and such over the years, but I just picked up a bundle of their pedalboard patch cables....

Hosa%20IRG-600.5.jpg

Wow, what a difference.

It's like I gained back two full pedals worth of room on my board! I actually got to move them around and create the necessary room for my size 12 stompers instead of the other way around where I'm squeezing them as close as possible just to get them to fit.

This is what I had been using... they don't look that much different, but believe me, between the flatter connector and the slimmer collar, the pedals are considerably closer together.

planet-waves-custom-series-patch-cable-2-pack-right-angle-6-inches-1535-p.jpg

That's my favorite patch cable, too. My local music store carries them, so I got a few, and when I compared them - sound-wise - to the other cables I had, I decided these would be the way to go. I've bought different patch cables, here and there, to try out, but I keep coming back to these. And you are absolutely right about the space saving.

I don't recall ever having a Hosa cable of any kind fail on me. They're not fancy, not expensive, they don't market snake oil. They're just very basic cables that do what they're supposed to do. No hype, no filler.

In the synth world, using anything other than Hosa MIDI cables is considered heresy.

I have a bunch. I just wish they made them in other lengths. If you have a pedal where the plug is in an odd place they wind up an inch or 2 too short or if you have to go from top row to bottom row. Then you wind up using the ones with the "L" connector and losing real estate

I have a bunch. I just wish they made them in other lengths. If you have a pedal where the plug is in an odd place they wind up an inch or 2 too short or if you have to go from top row to bottom row. Then you wind up using the ones with the "L" connector and losing real estate

They do. I have a longer one to connect my top to bottom row. I need to get a second one.

Back