Hop soda (soda made with hops)

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I bought a small can (8.4 oz) yesterday just to try it. Kinda pricey, at $1.49 for that can 'o pop.

Not bad, it tastes nothing like beer, fwiw. Best way I can describe it is comparing it to wildflower honey. It has kind of a flowery taste to it like what wildflower honey has compared to clover honey.

hop_sales_sheet.png

Ingredients: Carbonated water, cane sugar, citric acid, natural hops extract.

IPA seems to be the measuring stick for the acheivement (craft) beer types...kinda like with the git-r-done diesel truck crowd...... it's whos got the loudest exhaust and biggest lift except with the IPA's it's whos got the most nasty ass brew

it's whos got the loudest exhaust and biggest lift except with the IPA's it's whos got the most nasty ass brew

The problem is that Ninkasi and Stone Brewing won a long time ago. Their bitter IPAs taste like different shades of wormwood. But there’s no point trying to do better, because anything stronger is liable to make people vomit. I’ve tried hundreds of different IPAs now and they’re all just pale imitations of those brutally and blatantly bitter ales. When I walk into a Colorado liquor store that carries every IPA under the sun it just seems like wasted space and pointless effort.

Also, bitter ales make me fart like a motherfucker. I don’t have that problem with lagers, good stouts, and ales from Germany or Belgium.

The problem is that Ninkasi and Stone Brewing won a long time ago. Their bitter IPAs taste like different shades of wormwood.

c11693dd9ad3303ae82d2c05bbcd2d2f.jpg

I'm having one right now. Prost!

But I like all the different hop forward styles; the big bitter hop monsters like Total Domination, black IPAs with a touch of roast and smoke, cloudy and juicy NE IPAs, malty East Coast IPAs....even nice balanced APAs. There's something to like about all of em for me. I enjoy how a combination of simple ingredients can be used a number of different ways and result in a different beers that accentuate different flavor or aroma components.

Last edited:
IPAs were bad enough, but they have gotten ridiculous lately. With the amount of hops they're shoving in there, it's almost like the hot pepper sauce craze, to the point of "we crammed x amount of the hottest in the world, and we DARE you to survive it", instead of making something that is the least bit satisfying.

I'll stick with the non-overhopped brews, tyvm.

The problem is that Ninkasi and Stone Brewing won a long time ago. Their bitter IPAs taste like different shades of wormwood. But there’s no point trying to do better, because anything stronger is liable to make people vomit. I’ve tried hundreds of different IPAs now and they’re all just pale imitations of those brutally and blatantly bitter ales. When I walk into a Colorado liquor store that carries every IPA under the sun it just seems like wasted space and pointless effort.

Also, bitter ales make me fart like a motherfucker. I don’t have that problem with lagers, good stouts, and ales from Germany or Belgium.
Yeah I Know, I went into my first (back then they called the craft brew "micro brew") beer and liquor store in 1991, at that time they had a xeroxed (not computer but xerox) printout flyer and they boasted 200 imports and micros...I was there.

Now days i just buy Budweiser, Heineken, the occasional "craft" or an import once in a while.....*spits*

the current trend in IPAs (actually it's been going on for several years now) has been away from the-most-bitterest (most IBUs), and towards the most-hop-flavor/aroma-est (and interesting non-citrus/pine flavors). Which is a good thing.

All of these omg-why-so-bitter rants belong back 15 years ago or so

the current trend in IPAs (actually it's been going on for several years now) has been away from the-most-bitterest (most IBUs), and towards the most-hop-flavor/aroma-est (and interesting non-citrus/pine flavors). Which is a good thing.

All of these omg-why-so-bitter rants belong back 15 years ago or so

images

Back