Home improvement was a funny show, made us everyone laugh

Like all SitComs, it started out funny, then got the idea it had something important to say, and eventually died pretentious and dull...

I just dislike the whole "husband is oblivious asshole until wife points it out to him, he'll be an oblivious asshole again next week" genre of sitcom.

I loved it when he closed out the show every week with "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

I just dislike the whole "husband is oblivious asshole until wife points it out to him, he'll be an oblivious asshole again next week" genre of sitcom.

Marge : Wasn't that show just a rip-off of The Honeymooners?
Homer : Every show is a rip-off of The Honeymooners. Baby, you're the greatest.
Marge : Oh, Ralph, Fred, Archie, King of Queens... I mean, Homer.

Wasn't THAT funny. But some good larfs when the tools back fired on him. And some babaliciousness was there.

Tim Allen turned out to be a big tool though.

I can't do shit around the house in terms of fixit stuff and my wife loves me anyway, because I'm a caring person and not an asshole. Tim Allen should try not being an asshole sometime...

I can't do shit around the house in terms of fixit stuff and my wife loves me anyway, because I'm a caring person and not an asshole. Tim Allen should try not being an asshole sometime...

I do almost everything. Flooring obviously. I hate painting, wife does that, and if I look at plumbing it leaks.

I'm a man but, I can change. If I have to... ...I guess.
I loved it when he closed out the show every week with "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

9BC7A8FE-CAC5-4935-A3FB-93EB45590F49.jpeg

Back