HOLY ****! just saved my cat's life

Glad that worked out, Peeker. We have coyotes around us as well. Thankfully our girls don't even want to go outside.

We have them all over in Michigan these days. It amazes me when I go for walks how many people still tie their little doggies up out in the yard and leave them. I would think coyotes would have gotten some dogs (and cats) in the area, but I just haven't heard of it.

Amazing to think that 20, 30 years ago, a coyote sighting in these parts would have made the local news; now they're so ubiquitous it's almost like seeing a rat.

Albeit a very, very large rat :embarrassed:.

Yah time to keep the cat indoors I think. We have coyotes in the hills above us but I don't think they come down here. I got followed by a couple on a bike ride once...it was unnerving :eek:

Yep. Mr. Monster will have to be an indoor kitty now. We have foxes and coyotes in our area too and when mountain biking we saw a cougar busily dismembering a recently dead deer not four miles from my place.

When George kitteh almost died in December, we decided it was time for him to be a 100% indoor cat. He still wants to roam but the few times he has escaped, he didn't go more than 20 feet from the door. He has made a full recovery.
11370970175_9a9481ab31_z.jpg

Of course, we send Ziggy to herd him back in.
6008941194_9efe3c39ec_o.jpg

here first, before FB ( don't really wanna tell Tamara)
taking some time to retype, make in English

heard him crying in the porch
went to get him

fucking coyote in my porch! MY PORCH! not 10' from where I sleep!

chased coyoye off, cat is okay, no bites on Mr. Monster
Mr. Monster, the coyote's after you, Mr. Monster, your outside days are through! :wink:

Glad he is ok!

well....if the yote ran away too fast.....it's time to get a .22-250 and 16x scope....he can run a quarter mile, and still not be far enough away.:grin:

This thread made me remember about my seeing a coyote in my suburban neighborhood early one morning coming home from night shift. He was just trotting down my street at a fast clip. There are no woods nearby, just sprawl. He was super skinny and had to be disparate. (Near the Bay Area park and ride for you Houstonians)

The scarier thing is this:
cougar2002.jpg

There's big cats roaming around our area too. Keeping the small ones inside permanently as a result. This big cat was hanging out on a local mountain bike trail and there were a few times I had the weird feeling I was being watched while riding on the trails by myself. I go in groups these days.

The scarier thing is this:
cougar2002.jpg

There's big cats roaming around our area too. Keeping the small ones inside permanently as a result. This big cat was hanging out on a local mountain bike trail and there were a few times I had the weird feeling I was being watched while riding on the trails by myself. I go in groups these days.
Yeah, those guys scare me a lot more than coyotes.

Back