HOLY CRAP, PRINCE DIED!!!!!

From Rolling Stone:
But while an official will has yet to surface, it could appear in the coming weeks. Under Minnesota law, a person can file a will with probate court in secret. If Prince did, the will — along with any trust he created or heirs he named — would be made public once a death certificate is filed. The medical examiner, however, has yet to issue one for Prince, and an autopsy performed last week was inconclusive; authorities are currently awaiting the results of toxicology tests, which could take weeks.

So it’s possible that this could break out into an ugly family fight that disappears when the coroner decides what Prince ODed on.

The Billboard charts seems pretty messed up anymore, but I was bored and took a look.

In their respective top 40 Prince has 6 songs and 4 albums :embarrassed:

Prince the bandleader in full effect:

A funny associated story:

I'll say it till the day I die: Prince was The Motherphuquin' Man. A genius, up near the very pinnacle of modern entertainers. And likely underrated at everything he did, possibly because of the raunch-factor in his music.

Which is a damned shame, because more people need to be exposed to Prince's funk/rock/soul greatness.

Last edited:
And likely underrated at everything he did, possibly because of the raunch-factor in his music.

Prince poisoned his own reputation. For much of the 2000s he was just cranking out halfassed music and releasing it through subscription services so terrible they were considered scams by some fans. His reputation might have held up if he had come down off his high horse and put more effort into polishing his songs.

Last edited:
Prince poisoned his own reputation. For much of the 2000s he was just cranking out halfassed music and releasing it through subscription services so terrible they were considered scams by some fans. His reputation might have held up if he had come down off his high horse and put more effort into polishing his songs.

No offense, but I disagree strongly.

prince_what.gif

The 2000s included the excellent Prince albums Musicology, One Nite Alone Live, Indigo Nights, 20Ten and 3121, as well as the greatest hits collection Ultimate Prince.

Not to mention his incredible Super Bowl halftime performance, which saw him kick ass in front of a billion people.

Prince pretty much stayed Prince; radio exposure came and went due to the consolidation and the subsequent ruination of the on air format. He stayed true to what he always had been.

Last edited:

Paul Westerberg remembers Prince:

"Now I'm gonna cry. I've spent more time with Bob Dylan, and I've got to say that I was more in awe of Prince. I can't think of anyone better – an all-around composer, musician, guitarist, star, showman, the whole package -- anyone better. If Elvis wrote all of his songs and played guitar, it still wouldn't quite be there. He'd play Jimi Hendrix-style, between his legs and behind his back. And then he'd do the splits. He could put the guitar down, and Jimi would become James Brown. He could hold the crowd like Mick Jagger, but could Mick Jagger play the piano like that? And then, lyrically, there's something like "When Doves Cry." There's obviously more going on there than meets the booty."

I liked other Superbowl half time shows more than his....

Tom Petty and Sir Paul come to mind..

That being said,In my life I've never purchased a piece of Prince' music or Mike Jacksons for that matter..

I prefer a little hair on my pie...

Petty, Springsteen, and Macca all put on good superbwl shows.

Prince however was on another level. Is there a better halftime performance than his? I'm inclined to say no.

Petty, Springsteen, and Macca all put on good superbwl shows.

Prince however was on another level. Is there a better halftime performance than his? I'm inclined to say no.

He was the only person I've seen command a stage that large that well while maintaining an attitude of not giving a single fuck what anybody anywhere thought of him. I don't know how he did it, but it was amazing.

Petty was alright. Springsteen and Macca were both great, but you're right. Prince's performance will go down as the best of all time. It was the perfect mix of spectacle and musicianship.

Not to mention his incredible Super Bowl halftime performance, which saw him kick ass in front of a billion people.

Overstated by an order of magnitude. About 100-120 million watch the Super Bowl in the US, with perhaps another few million outside (football is a big yawn anywhere else). World Cup finals viewership (700m in 2010) dwarfs anything else.

Just sayin'!

The billion people thing and the Super Bowl is aprx how many people worldwide have potential access to the broadcast. I don't think it includes anything internet based though.

Of course that's been misconstrued as "a billion people watch it" :lol:

The SB averages something between 150-200 million total worldwide viewers.

Last edited:
Overstated by an order of magnitude. About 100-120 million watch the Super Bowl in the US, with perhaps another few million outside (football is a big yawn anywhere else). World Cup finals viewership (700m in 2010) dwarfs anything else.

Just sayin'!

Fair enough. A shit ton of people watched him.

Back