Gig Report: Holy %#¥$! Edition

Thanks everyone!

She said the one thing that really separated us from the other bands was our extremely quick turn arounds and song transitions. There was virtually no dead space between songs. Many songs transitioned without any gap at all. That is something we worked very hard on and it really paid off.

BTW, I have to give it up to the 87 MIJ White Strat. I never took it off during the show, and it stayed perfectly in tune throughout. Viva la Fender System 1!!!

My poor ASAT just sat there in the stand looking all blue and pretty all night. :)

Fantastic! :baimun:

Now the only drawback to the regular gig is you're going to have to cram a ton more songs into the repertoire to make sure that repeat customers aren't seeing the same show every time. :helper:
hmmm. interesting point.

Reactions: OGG
Nice. I'm happy for you and a little jealous. I'm going through the "getting a band up and running thing" again.

Or reverse the play list and hope they were drunk enough to not remember anything after last week midnight. The first set will be all new to them! :wink:

We do that a bit.

We work on 3 or 4 new songs a month... and then change the order around so if they're early people or late people, they hear all new sets. Those who come to multiple gigs of ours are sure to hear at least a couple new songs.

Awesome! Congratulations. That kind of feedback from a venue owner has to feel great. :)

You may not have put in the work gigging all around town but you put a time ton of work in getting the band together. Congrats man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53915668.jpg

Congrats OGG you worked hard to get to this goal

Wow. That's fantastic. I agree on adding a shit ton more songs. You don't want your audience growing bored. I believe weindom has made quite a few song suggestions in past threads, so stop resting on your laurels and get to work!:grin:

Wow. That's fantastic. I agree on adding a shit ton more songs. You don't want your audience growing bored. I believe weindom has made quite a few song suggestions in past threads, so stop resting on your laurels and get to work!:grin:
We actually have quite a bit of material. The hardest thing about the show the other night, was whittling it all down to the hour and fifteen minutes we were allowed. So many great songs we weren't able to cram in.

Currently, we have about 2 and a half hours of material, and will be adding several new tunes to our practice session this coming Wednesday.

Great news. It's nice when hard work pays off. It's not always the case in life that you receive a reward directly resulting from your effort.

Congrats! Great to see friends succeed. I will defintely have to make a trip to one of your shows and meet ya.

Back