Gig Report: Holy %#¥$! Edition

OGG

Master of the Meh
Well, the big show at Brick by Brick last night was an huge success.

Apparently, no-one noticed any of our goofs. The crowd was great and really supportive.

We had an absolute blast. When it came time to get paid, the manager brought me back to the office and proceeded to tell me that in her 25 years of booking talent, we were one of the best, most professional bands she had ever worked with.

After several minutes of her heaping praise upon us, she offered us a permanent "residency" gig, where we would play every other week. She wants to build a night around us.

Ho Lee Fuk!

As a band, that is precisely what our goal was all along. We figured we would have to pay our dues by schlepping our gear all over town, from club to club until eventually getting a regular gig.

Well, another "shit that only happens to Rod" moment has made our goal a reality after playing just two shows as a band.

Unreal.

I am so excited.

Congrats! That makes all the band member musical chairs worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OGG
Will hopefully have some video soon...

98eca0e4eb0ba4fdd5bcb50cb50c462b.jpg

Congrats!

It looks like you're living the dream. With all the other BS you've had to deal with you deserve this.

Fantastic! :baimun:

Now the only drawback to the regular gig is you're going to have to cram a ton more songs into the repertoire to make sure that repeat customers aren't seeing the same show every time. :helper:

Dude!!!!
That's awesome!
I'm so sorry I didn't make it out; sounds like I missed a helluva show.

Congrats. Those kinds of gigs - weekly or biweekly permanent residency with promotion - are ideal. My old college band was like that; packed every Thursday with tons of regulars.

Fantastic! :baimun:

Now the only drawback to the regular gig is you're going to have to cram a ton more songs into the repertoire to make sure that repeat customers aren't seeing the same show every time. :helper:

Or reverse the play list and hope they were drunk enough to not remember anything after last week midnight. The first set will be all new to them! :wink:

And of course, a well deserved congratulations to Rod and the band for their hard work and patience

Last edited:
Sounds like things are working out well. Congratulations!

I just want to know when you are going to add a cover from my 1980's Original Soundtrack album. You can't get more obscure than that. :grin:

Back