Holeyboard

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
I seem to remember we had a thread on this, but I couldn't find it. When i first saw it I thought it was kinda dumb, but I really like it now. Thoughts?

http://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/holeyboard-standard.html

standardmkii-1.jpg

Yeah I don't have one but I hate dealing with Velcro. I kinda like the concept but I'm not sure I'd like dealing with zip ties either.

I thought that was a pretty cool design. Not sure I like the two layer thing but it probably is just a matter of getting used to it.

I thought that was a pretty cool design. Not sure I like the two layer thing but it probably is just a matter of getting used to it.

I like two layer, especially for things like my Strymon where I want to tweak knobs without bending down quite as far. Also a good place to hide the power supply underneath.

Yeah I don't have one but I hate dealing with Velcro. I kinda like the concept but I'm not sure I'd like dealing with zip ties either.
Velcro works remarkably well really. My biggest problem with it comes when I want to move or remove a pedal and the adhesive gives before the velcro does. There's a simple solution for that though.

4in_Lots_Putty_Knife-Scraper_With_PVC_Handle.jpg

New guy here, but this thread caught my eye. I built my own pedalboard based on the Holeyboard out of cabinet grade birch plywood. I hate Velcro, especially when the adhesive gives up. Zips ties work great and I got a 100 count package of 14" ties from Home Depot for like $13. However, instead of riddling the board full of holes like a piece of Swiss cheese, I drill small 1/4" holes as I need them, exactly where I need them.

IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG

New guy here, but this thread caught my eye. I built my own pedalboard based on the Holeyboard out of cabinet grade birch plywood. I hate Velcro, especially when the adhesive gives up. Zips ties work great and I got a 100 count package of 14" ties from Home Depot for like $13. However, instead of riddling the board full of holes like a piece of Swiss cheese, I drill small 1/4" holes as I need them, exactly where I need them.

View attachment 18852View attachment 18853

That's nice work!

And there you go!

$10 and a 6 pack!

(And $13 in wire ties!)

Looks great, btw!

Very nice job. :thu:

That's awesome, nicely done, and works if you've figured out what your needs are. And they're static.
But some of these guys, I'M NOT NAMIN' ANY NAMES, MARK, HOWIE, are kinda on a FX quest.
And need more holes.
That's what he said.

@BoomBoomBigelow is right that there are some FX addicts here that change pedals more often than a teenager changes underwear and they would benefit from the holey version for quick changes. I'd guess if the wood is cheap enough though you could replace the upper or lower shelf pretty easily if you needed something different.

Also the carry handles on the holey board appeal to me for simplicity during load in/load out.

Very nice job. :thu:

@BoomBoomBigelow is right that there are some FX addicts here that change pedals more often than a teenager changes underwear and they would benefit from the holey version for quick changes. I'd guess if the wood is cheap enough though you could replace the upper or lower shelf pretty easily if you needed something different.

Also the carry handles on the holey board appeal to me for simplicity during load in/load out.

You'd have to drill a shit-load of holes into that before it loses its integrity (or it started to look like shit).
And you could always add some kind of cabinet/drawer pull from HD onto it to help carry it around.

But I do hear what you're saying.

What's the Holey-Board selling for?

You'd have to drill a shit-load of holes into that before it loses its integrity (or it started to look like shit).
And you could always add some kind of cabinet/drawer pull from HD onto it to help carry it around.

I completely agree about the board integrity, I was thinking about needing more real estate if you discovered you needed some more pedals. Not that we know any forumites who need MORE pedals... :grin:

I completely agree about the board integrity, I was thinking about needing more real estate if you discovered you needed some more pedals. Not that we know any forumites who need MORE pedals... :grin:

IMO, the trick is to get the most of out the limited space you have. My big board hasn't changed all that much over the past 5 years or so (and "big" to me is a Pedaltrain Jr). It's the little boards and recombinations I do at home that change.

Thanks everybody.

I kept my pedal board small on purpose, to discourage me from adding too many pedals. :) Carrying "handles" are integrated into the lower shelf at the left and far side. The upper tier is attached with "knockdown" hardware for easy removal (not sure why I'd have to remove it though). A VooDoo Labs PP2+ lurks beneath.

I've changed it once since I took this photo. The TU-3 moved (physically, not electrically) to where the tremolo is and an EHX B9 organ machine now sits between the volume pedal and footswitch. This rig handles 99% of my needs. Someday I'll shoehorn a phaser in there. :)

Back