Hobbies?

dude this is sick! can you turn it into a p51 mustang?

When I'm not pretending to be a guitar player, I pretend to be a race car driver.

Cockpit8-141024_zps177e9848.jpg

Wheelanddisplays1024.jpg

Woodwheel1024_zps0f0de03f.jpg

Triplescreennightpoznan1024_zps1d6d12ce.jpg

I have flight controls, but as it has evolved, it's no longer easy to switch controls from car to plane (everything's bolted in), so these days it's just Shelby Mustang.

aw crap.....i was hoping you could convert it into a 1966 GT 40 :grin:

(like, maybe, in Gulf blue and orange)

I have flight controls, but as it has evolved, it's no longer easy to switch controls from car to plane (everything's bolted in), so these days it's just Shelby Mustang.

haha cool. not much train busting in a shelby...that is a badass set-up though.
i used to live with gamers and they had nothing that cool even at Eidos (tombraider) where they worked.

AND....can you program in the 1966 LeMans course.....not today's course. we can't be having that DAMN chicane in the middle of Mulsane

Yes, it sounds like the real thing (more or less). I have a 5.1 sound system with a home theater receiver, so I can get it plenty loud. I don't have the '66 Le Mans track, but I have the '79 version, which is still before they emasculated the Mulsanne straight.

Yes, it sounds like the real thing (more or less). I have a 5.1 sound system with a home theater receiver, so I can get it plenty loud. I don't have the '66 Le Mans track, but I have the '79 version, which is still before they emasculated the Mulsanne straight.

ummm.....what are ya serving for dinner tonight?? :grin:

Just ran a Nissan GTR (race version, not street) at Interlagos.

The screenshots are rFactor 2 by ISI, running on the PC (not available for consoles). I'm driving a 1969 Lola T70 MkIIIB at a track called Poznan, in Poland.

that's nice looking course. i've been to Mid Ohio coarse a few times and while not as long, it does have some nice straights.

besides the GT-40, i love to have a go in both the 917 (from the Gulf team, you should be familiar with that one) and the 962 that either Derek Bell drove or the Holbert Lowenbrau one.

that's nice looking course. i've been to Mid Ohio coarse a few times and while not as long, it does have some nice straights.

besides the GT-40, i love to have a go in both the 917 (from the Gulf team, you should be familiar with that one) and the 962 that either Derek Bell drove or the Holbert Lowenbrau one.
Yeah, it's a great looking track. The guy who made it was a first-class modder, and got hired to make tracks by a rival company. I have Mid Ohio, too. It's one of my favorite tracks.

I have the Gulf 917 in the previous version of rFactor. The old cars are a blast to drive; they slide all over the place, and only sort of go where you point them, as opposed to modern cars which are pretty much point and squirt.

As a matter of fact, it is! I started using it on simracing forums, and was too lazy to come up with a new name for guitar forums. :grin:

ditto, Grand Prix Legends...it was an awesome racing game...I've never gotten back into it though....too intense for me now I think

ditto, Grand Prix Legends...it was an awesome racing game...I've never gotten back into it though....too intense for me now I think
GPL still has a rabid following, since there's never been a sequel, and there are literally thousands of tracks for it. rFactor 2 has some historic 60s F1, F2 and F3 cars, so that fills my 60s open wheel needs.

Back