HNSD! x2!

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
So I've completely lost my mind and bought not one but two strats in the past month. I sold enough gear to cover most but not all of both purchases... which means one of these may have to go, or something else.

As @dmn23 can attest, i've been lusting after a 62 Hot Rod Strat for ages. I'm also a big Nash fanboi, i've owned a Nash Tele for years and absolutely love it... so i always wanted to check out a Nash strat.

First up, the 62 Hot Rod which arrived a few weeks ago but I've barely had time to play it. I've put in maybe 12 hours with it in total and really dig the fat neck and the pickups sound excellent. It needs a really good set up and the pickup heights need some tweaking, otherwise it's a fantastic strat.

n4znu8rlxfsm5eyshfll.jpg

Last week, a Nash S-67 came up for a nice price and I was able to haggle an even nicerer price. Hard tail, Lollar pickups, medium C neck, relic job isn't too overt and i love the broken in Nash necks. The S-67 has the larger CBS headstock, i think that's the only difference from the S-63 The small scale nash hardshell case is cool too and doesn't weigh a thing. The guitar arrived this morning at work so I haven't plugged it in yet. Out of the case, it was fairly filthy so I've already cleaned it up a lot compared to the pic below.

Playing it unplugged, all I can say is WOW. Same singing piano like tone as my Nash Tele, ridiculously comfortable neck, and I think it looks great. As an added bonus, the set up is darn near perfect. I hope it stays that way as the wood adjusts to its new home. The sonic blue looks just a tad more green under my office lights. It's definitely sonic blue but might pass for surf green if you're not paying attention, cool.

_E0A9877.jpeg

:thu:

Have you picked the survivor yet? Sounds like the Nash is a winner.

Not at all. Haven't even plugged the Nash in yet. For all I know, it sounds like a wet fart through an amp....making it an instant keeper.

I have a drunken old guy jam tomorrow night, I plan on bringing both.

Back