HNRBD

Dexter Inferno

Serious error
image.jpeg
As in reamp box day :wink:
Brilliant for when one doesn't get the guitar sounds (or other stuff) just right, just redo and keep the performance. :)
Cool for the odd experiment as well.

Can see this one getting quite useful :thu:

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. People are now posting guitar boxes and I have no idea what they are or what they do.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. People are now posting guitar boxes and I have no idea what they are or what they do.

Lol. :grin:
It's basically a DI box in reverse. A bit simplified it knocks down a recorded line level signal to something usable for a guitar amp, so that you can reamp a guitar track or similar and then record it again. I always record a DI track in addition to micing the amp, and rather than having to use modellers I can now run it back out to whatever amp I want, which will always sound better. In short, a lifesaver for recording/mixing. :)

Can't you just use a looper that records multiple loops, like the digitech jamman solo xt I have? It records like 199 loops up to 15 minutes or some shit.

Can't you just use a looper that records multiple loops, like the digitech jamman solo xt I have? It records like 199 loops up to 15 minutes or some shit.

Think you may have misunderstood the use of this a bit. :wink:
This is more for mixing purposes (salvaging less than stellar recorded guitar tracks or running other things through amps and then recording that).

And I already have a Boss Rc300 for loops and shit like that. :tongue:

I think I got it fine. Just a matter of repurposing resources.

Not sure what you're getting at here really, or I might just be having one of those days.
A looper wouldn't work very well for what I'll be having to do, and at best it would make the process a lot more cumbersome (and in the case of tracks already recorded, I'd still be needing the reamp box).

That's a cool tool. I'm lazy, so I just use modelers these days.

I like modelers to be honest, and frequently use them especially as writing tools (and sometimes in a mix).
One area they do lack though is with the high gain stuff, there's just something missing that you need a real amp for. :wink:
They're getting better, but still not quite there yet imo.

Fwiw, I'm lazy when it comes to my own stuff, but not when I record my bands or other people's stuff. :embarrassed:

Back