HNPD!

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
686CA3FF-3AFD-4F24-833B-8929A47437A4-329-000000153FB804C0.jpg

1. holy shit, Ray Burris! :spit:

2. my friend PaltheGiraffe sent me this (including the baseball card). it's a painted over DOD Supra Distortion that he rebuilt into a Classic Fuzz, which sounds somewhere between a RAT and a Big Muff. he also removed the crappy switches those things had and put in a 3pdt soft switch:

DSC00410.jpg

3. it sounds really good with my Dano baritone. in fact, i think they may have been made for eachother.

after spending more time with this pedal a few thoughts:

it's got this velcro-y thing going on that doesn't really work with my other guitars. somehow, that sound works perfectly for the baritone. not really sure why. maybe it's the combination of cheesy Danelectro with cheesy DOD. the cheese cancels eachother out. but as soon as you put something cool with it, even my beater RG, it gets all farty. which is probably why these never achieved cult status. it doesn't do the Big Muff thing well because it farts out at high gain. and it's too velcro-y to sound like a RAT. so it inhabits this weird place in the middle that most guitarists never go to. kinda cool, actually.

EDIT: after some more time with it, i think i've figured it out. if you're playing at low volume, go for the DOD. if you're playing at high volume, go for the RAT. which also makes complete sense given the market DOD was going after in the 90s.

Last edited:
i need to make a non-iphone recording, but this should give you the general idea:

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/helpimarock/the-outrage-industrial-complex[/sc]

Cool, congrats. DOD actually made some really good pedals here and there, sans crappy footswitch. I still have a old milk box that does the job.

Back