HNPD - SSCD

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I posted this as a want back in November 2016.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/official-mwgl-pedal-g-a-s-thread.80091/page-3

358_358.jpg

When I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago in the islands, I visited my usual music shops. Lo and behold one of the shops was selling the latest Vertix products. At the Quilter show, I tried out many of the products and had a huge interest in the Steel String Drive. Knowing that if I bought it direct, I would've had to pay shipping plus the CA tax, HI tax is much less and this is hand carry.

Tested in the store and I was happy. Took it for a test drive at the Projam last night with my own gear and I was floored. Can't wait for the next jam so I can try it with a different guitar. IMO, worth the money as this was the sound I have long sought after. Drop the volume down on the guitar, beautiful cleans - nice and chimey. Guitar volume up to 10, screams like a MF'er the way I wanted it to.

As for the Vertex haters because of the wah, these are not BBE Sound products are truly Vertex boards.

Wasn't the Dumble thing basically putting a tubescreamer in front of a Fender?

Not really. Tubescreamer does not use FET's and this bad boy does not use diodes. It is a clean drive if you have the drive knob up.

Very cool. I would be very weary of his products, but it does what you want it to and that's what matters.

As mentioned before in an old post, I tried the pedal out while talking to Mason. Even saw the guts as he had pedals disassembled.

Back