HNPD - LR Baggs into a Baby Taylor

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
My niece asked me last year to play at her upcoming wedding and I said I would. Two years ago I played at her sister's wedding and it cost me about $160 to ship my guitar to and from Minnesota. With this wedding I decided to take my Baby Taylor travel guitar. Did some research on acoustic pickups and found the LR Baggs which sounded great installed into a Baby Taylor. The cost of the pickup was $169 + tax plus I can use the Baby for other gigs now as well as travel if needed. The Baby also fits into overhead bins alot easier as well.

After reading up on the these installs, I found that the spacing for an LR Baggs is 3.55". The hole size on the Baby Taylor is about 3.56". Talk about a tight squeeze but it works and it works great.

Here are my install pics...

Baggs M1A

1 - LRBaggs M1A - S.jpg

The Reveal - The Pickup!

2 - LR Baggs Pickup - S.jpg

Pickup and Supporting Accesories

3 - Pickup Contents - S.jpg

The 1/2" hole drilled out. Started by removing the end strap pin. Slowly went up in size on my drills and then used a reamer to enlarge hole size. When the hole was large enough I would use the next drill size up until it was 1/2".

4 - Half Inch Hole Done - S.jpg

Used a removed string as a mouse to guide new end pin into the hole.

5 - Mouse installed - S.jpg

End pin assembled and ready for action.

6 - Endpost Installed - S.jpg

Installed a cable strap into the guitar.

7 - Cable Tie Installed - S.jpg

Pickup installed and cable tied and out of the way.

8 - Pickup Fully Installed - S.jpg

The guitar is ready for action!

9 - Guitar All Setup - S.jpg

String/Pickup closeup!

10 - Closeup - S.jpg

Guitar sounds great and I am ecstatic. Now to continue working on the wedding tunes.

I put one in my fender 000 and think it works great. Could never get the strap button to hold a strap without coming loose so I added strap locks to the guitar.

I've got one of those, too. I don't use the guitar I bought it for anymore, but I still have it. It's a very good pickup.

HNPD!

Back