HNPD BS-301

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Haven't really done a major one in a while. Haven't really bought a lot of pedals lately as the need has died down. I have acquired a few couple new ones (well they are used) but this one was bought new and warrants a thread.

So I have been contemplating on the BS-301 since Tavo introduced it. I still kick myself in the butt for not ordering sooner but things happen. So flash forward to the 5th batch for orders this past September 2017. Dammit not going to miss out on this one....Ordered!!!

So sitting at work a box is delivered to me.....Sweet!!!

1 - Le Package - S Blank.jpg

I open the box and what does it reveal....

3 - Box Contents - S.jpg

Remove the upper layer....
And the pedal is nicely wrapped and protected.

4 - Nicely Wrapped - S.jpg

Strip off the bubble wrap and bam.....

7 - BS-301 - S.jpg

Can't wait to play around with it tonight. May even take it to a jam.

…with the cable length that Setzer uses calculated in.

Does it also compensate for undedicated users who won’t disconnect the tone pot?

I hope this pedal is as awesome as it looks on paper. I’ve been listening to Setzer lately and his tone is just dreamy.

Last edited:
Does it also compensate for undedicated users who won’t also disconnect the tone pot?

I hope this pedal is as awesome as it looks on paper. I’ve been listening to Setzer lately and his tone is just dreamy.

Tavo is a devote fan of Setzer, to the point where he tried to copy his gear besides his playing. Unsure if you read his history trying to duplicate Brian's sound but he comes very close next to one not being Setzer himself. Hence the preamp Brain Seltzer within the Nocturne family of pedals. With the BS-301, he came across someone who a delay to replicate the analog sounds and Tavo combined the two to make the Mystery Brain. I am sure Tavo has done some magic regarding the setup.

FWIW, you can copy a circuit but a Tavo pointed out, the biggest key to obtaining BS's sound was the cable length which they were able to work out. Had a great discussion about this with him at one of Premier's Seminars which Tavo attended as well.

Back