HNPD and a recommendation wanted…

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
All… yesterday I got this killer pedal... an AMT P2(5150 clone)… it sounds absolutely wicked… nice high gain leads without sounding like a can of bees and a surprisingly nice clean tone too.
Here’s a vid:

That being said, what is a great sounding overdrive that can go from a subtle breakup to a nice crunch so I can fill the in-between tones. It would be even better if it had some kind of boost to give me a nice rhythm so I could just the AMT for leads.

For the record, I sold me Tech 21 RK5 and EVH 5150 iii 50 watt and cab. But that’s a whole other story.

What do you recommend?

EHX Operation Overlord pedal peaks my interest in the area you're talking about, but there's only one guitar demo that isn't from EHX and I didn't care for teh style the demo player went with. The pedal seemingly has range, but this person seemed to go the a high a gain as possible.

That said, there's this:

Sounds really nice...especially when Pete's playing, but that guys a great player...never heard him sound bad.

I've never owned one but the oddfelows caveman sounds pretty good in the videos. There are 2 versions now. The first version can be found for around $100.

It's difficult to recommend a pedal without knowing your amp, how it's voiced, and what your tone preferences are...

...but...

Some good mid level boosts you should look at include the Fulltone OCD (or it's Ehx clone the ODGlove), Barber Direct Drive, or the Ehx Crayon...but there are dozens more that could fit the bill depending on your preferences...

Back