Dig it! HNGD!

I currently have it tied to the headstock; I haven't had a strap like that in probably 40 years. I may just stick with it.
When I bought my Les Paul it didn't have the pick guard installed. I originally had brought it to my luthier to have it put on. He actually talked me out of it by telling me pretty much what I told you....4 years later it's still off and I'm so glad I didn't drill into it.

When I bought my Les Paul it didn't have the pick guard installed. I originally had brought it to my luthier to have it put on. He actually talked me out of it by telling me pretty much what I told you....4 years later it's still off and I'm so glad I didn't drill into it.

Actually, it kinda pisses me off that they still drill holes in the guitar for the LP pickguard.

It would be so easy to notch out the underside of the two pickup bezels on the two inside treble screws (lower on neck pickup, upper on bridge) and have the pickguard "dock" underneath. It would snuggle up against the two pickups and then float out there over the body.

@dougk Do you know anyone floating their pickguard like that from the pickup bezels? Even if it took a thin metal triangle underneath the pick guard to make it happen. I think your Starliners could be even more slick with the bezels notched out underneath and the pickguard floating out because they already mate up to the rings so cleanly.

Actually, it kinda pisses me off that they still drill holes in the guitar for the LP pickguard.

It would be so easy to notch out the underside of the two pickup bezels on the two inside treble screws (lower on neck pickup, upper on bridge) and have the pickguard "dock" underneath. It would snuggle up against the two pickups and then float out there over the body.

@dougk Do you know anyone floating their pickguard like that from the pickup bezels? Even if it took a thin metal triangle underneath the pick guard to make it happen. I think your Starliners could be even more slick with the bezels notched out underneath and the pickguard floating out because they already mate up to the rings so cleanly.
That's a great idea. There is a guy on eBay selling non-drilling Les Paul covers. I actually bought one but haven't installed that either. I like it naked better...lol

Back