Dig it! HNGD!

HNGD!!!!

I played one just like that a few years ago. It was beautiful sounding and beautiful to play. Sadly I cannot justify another acoustic and I could never replace my cheap Fender due to sentimental reasons. It plays well enough but not like the J-45. If it was stolen or lost I would give that or a Martin a long look
I have had this in and out of the shopping cart many times in the past year. I finally decided to go for it, and am glad I did.

J45s have a sound and style all their own. Used on countless recordings for a reason. The perfect singer songwriter guitar IMO. May she bring you a lifetime of satisfaction!

HNGD, Gary! It's always fun to get something you've dreamed of for years. Can't wait to hear it.

1314b1665141baa7a656c0a6d59cfe22.jpg

IMG_3557.JPG

Congrats Gary. You know, most nicer acoustics I have played don't have a strap button on the heel. I guess that's why you see so many tied around the headstock.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would think twice before drilling a hole into this guitar for a strap button....that's non-reversible surgery and TONS of players over the years have made-do without one.
I'd get a headstock tie system first....if you just can't mesh with that, then I'd consider the install. Just my .02

Yeah, I would think twice before drilling a hole into this guitar for a strap button....that's non-reversible surgery and TONS of players over the years have made-do without one.
I'd get a headstock tie system first....if you just can't mesh with that, then I'd consider the install. Just my .02
I currently have it tied to the headstock; I haven't had a strap like that in probably 40 years. I may just stick with it.

Back