HNGD!

emmaporkchop

The face of emmaporkchop
Washburn SBF 80, been wanting one of these since I saw Pete Townshend playing one in his Deep End Live concert. Got it from GC for pretty cheap (it was labeled wrong). Out of the 854,962,347,551 models Washburn has put out there's a couple really nice ones. It's in great condition, really well made.
Can anyone recommend a preamp or amp to play it through? Mostly gonna be going straight into the board
IMG_20141021_175356.jpg

IMG_20141021_175408.jpg

I'm thinking that since it has active electronics, the need for a preamp is minimal -- you should be able to shape your tone using the controls on the guitar. I have a very similar guitar (Godin Acousticaster) and it sounds great through my Fishman Loudbox amps (mini and performer). The mini is a brilliant, simple choice for small venues that is incredibly small and light given the shear amount of sound it puts out.

I'm thinking that since it has active electronics, the need for a preamp is minimal -- you should be able to shape your tone using the controls on the guitar. I have a very similar guitar (Godin Acousticaster) and it sounds great through my Fishman Loudbox amps (mini and performer). The mini is a brilliant, simple choice for small venues that is incredibly small and light given the shear amount of sound it puts out.
I really like the Fishman stuff that's out there, I'll have to go check out one of those amps this weekend.
I'm going to pick up my mixer later so I'm figuring I'll get a good sound through that too.

Back