HNGD!!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So, this bad boy showed up at my local GC last August. My normal sales rep actually called me and said that it had arrived and that he wouldn't unbox it until I got there. I only got to play it for a bit... it was great, but at the time, I had two other Y2D's.

Fast forward to this week... I had sold my Ibanez Jem to get Jackson PC1(another guitar I love), but it dawned on me that the last time I had a PC1, I sold it because I miss a humbucker in the neck.

Knowing that I saw this Y2D a few weeks ago still hanging on the wall, I emailed my sales rep and made him an offer. He accepted!!!! I ended up picking this guy up during my lunch hour. The fretboard was dusty as hell and the strings needed to be changed badly, but daaaaang... she cleans up great!!!

I only got to spend a little time with her tonight, but so far so good. I love the thinner neck on my other Y2D, but this is different and makes me dig into the notes more. I dig it!!! This guitar is Steve Morse's signature guitar that was customized for Joe Bonnamasa(spelling). It's a limited GC run and only 70 were made.

The neck is based off of a 59 LP... so it's nice a chunky. I'm still getting used to it, but the feel is absolutely amazing.

Here are some pics:

And a post with his sister...

Some specs:

Originally created as a one of a kind custom artist piece. This special take on the Steve Morse Y2D signature model is constructed of solid poplar with a thicker cut roasted maple neck, rosewood finger board. larger frets and reverse headstock finished in beautiful black burst with a flame maple top. Hand signed by Steve Morse. Available as an exclusive run in limited quantities for Guitar Center.

Specifications
Dark Lord Morse
Body Wood Poplar
Body Finish High gloss polyester
Body Colors Black Burst Flame maple Top, Back and Sides - Opaque Black
Body Bindings Binding - Cream
BridgeStandard - Tuneomatic bridge with thumbwheel height adjustment & individual saddles with Music Man® chrome plated, solid brass tail block
Pickguard Clear
Scale Length 25-12"
Neck Radius 12" Custom Neck Carve
Frets 22 - High profile, wide
Neck Width 1-58" 41.3 mm at nut, 2-14" 56.9 mm at last fret
Neck Wood Select roasted maple neck with Reverse Headstock
Fingerboard Rosewood
Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
Tuning Machines Schaller M6-IND locking
Neck Attachment 5 bolt sculpted neck joint
Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
Controls 250kohm volume and tone - .047µF tone capacitor
Switching 5-way lever pickup selector
Pickups Chrome Covered DiMarzio neck to bridge Humbucking - DP-205 Morse Signature Single coil - Proprietary custom wound Humbucking - DP-200 Morse Signature
Strings10p-13p-16p-26w-32w-42w Custom RPS Slinkys

I love Music Mans. I have never tried a Morse, but I bet it kicks all kinds of ass. Congrats.

I know how much you like your Morse, so I'd say this one will probably stay 4.5 months before you flip it. :wink:

Just to put this out there.... I already have dibs on this guitar if (when) he decides to flip it. I better start putting some money aside now. :helper:

well we can't give Mys the normal amount of crap that we do when he flips guitars because this one is due to his carpal tunnel causing him pain..... but I'm going to keep this one in the MWGL Family. :baimun:

Back