Hngd!!!! This one is a keeper for sure

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So I decided to return the Sterling JP70 because, even though it was a great guitar, I have no business playing 7 strings!!!! I got his beast instead. Just arrived today. I got a fantastic deal on it. It's used but in mint condition. All I needed to do was clean up the board a bit, set it up the best I could with Cobalts. She absolutely screams!!!

Ill try to get proper pics later and a clip...

null-17.jpg

The neck is insane. It felt kind of small at first but I got used to it pretty quick. Amazing guitar!!!

I mentioned in my thread title that this one is a keeper and I mean it. It seriously plays like it was made for me. The rosewood neck is the perfect size and feel. The pickups just ooz mojo.... I can't explain how amazing they sound. This is a superb guitar

11 weeks.

:grin: Enjoy it John. I didn't like the neck on the ones I played, but I've played other rosewood necks that felt great... definitely a different feel than your finished maple or mahogany!

Congrats. That is a fine looking axe.

As it is a 'keeper', I'll give it 8 months. :lol:

You're funny. You and I have very different notions of "keeper". Great grab, my only dislike is the color, but that won't effect the tone or playability at all AND it wouldn't stop me from getting the guitar.

What is it?

Music Man Luke III

A broader, more defined tone while retaining the familiar shape and feel of the original Luke model.
Guitarist Steve Lukather has been an endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars for years with his own signature models that are no different than the ones he plays on stage. The Music Man Luke Signature LIII HH Electric Guitar represents Steve's evolution towards the perfect performance guitar. The LIII features a larger Alder body, (3% larger profile than the standard model Luke guitar), 22 fret full rosewood neck and new passive Dimarzio pickups with custom Music Man active preamp. Electronics include a dual Humbucking (shown here) or H-S-S pickup configuration (our sku# H80758), volume control and a passive tone control with a new Push/Push switch for an adjustable 12 db Volume boost. Similar in style, the Luke III exhibits a broader, more defined tone while retaining the familiar shape and feel as the original Luke model. Other standard features include a Music Man Vintage tremolo and 5 way pickup selector switch.
Features
Body Wood: Alder
Body Finish: High gloss polyester
Bridge: Standard - Music Man® floating vintage tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
Neck Radius: 12" (30.5 cm)
Frets: 22 - Low profile, wide
Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6 mm) at last fret
Neck Wood: Select Rosewood neck
Fingerboard: Select Rosewood
Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
Neck Colors: Standard – Natural with finished headstock
Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; vol, push/push passive tone for gain boost - .022µF tone capacitor
Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
Pickups: Standard - HH with 2 DiMarzio custom humbucking

Very nice! I'm always on the lookout for an EB/MM Sub 1 HH -- those things are rare, but I want one in the worst way!

Back