HNGD - Kauer Titan KR1!!!

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I have trying to find a way to buy a Kauer for the past 4 years I first met Doug. Sadly money was tight and I lost out on a great Starliner that was Doug's personal instrument 3 years ago. His guitars are the bomb as I have gone to his Open House for the past 3 years and tried a number of his instruments.

Well back in November 2016, @dougk posted something I could not resist.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/titan-guitars-official-pre-ordering.79967/

He was taking pre-orders with extra incentives that I would be foolish not to pass up. So I jumped on this great deal. This guitar would be different from any instrument that I own. With so many options and pickup configurations, I originally was going for P-90's then realized that I wanted Lollar Gold Foils after hearing them. Doug sent me some PM's via FB telling how great this guitar sounded and when NAMM began this past Thursday, I found out the same thing. I am really stoked about using this guitar for at blues jams and upcoming gigs.

My new KR1 - Bright.jpg
Randy\'s Titan KR1 - S.jpg

The guitar is now home!!!

Fun Times to come!!!

Thanks Doug!!!

Nice! Congrats on the beaut!

Necks by Grover Jackson? @dougk?

Yep. Made exactly to our specs, we made six samples, picked our favorite and Grover just crushes it. The necks are so good I took my neck out of mine and put s Grover neck in. It's the biggest expense on Titan but worth every cent.

I could even forgive the large middle pickup on that, it's that hot.

Congrats to you, and as usual, good job to Doug

Originally Randy ordered a 2xP90 and then at some point switched to goldfoils. Well I forgot till last week and emailed him about it and said I'd ship his after namm OR he could take the three GF one in his color we were bringing to namm. I'm glad he did, it's the BEST sounding goldfoil guitar to date.

Back