Dig it! HNGD - Epiphone Les Paul Special P90

Awesome. I'm sure those pickups will be an improvement over the stock Epis.

They sound killer! The stock Epi's really weren't bad. P90's are funny that way. Even the cheap ones sound good. In fact, if I hadn't had that TTS set on hand I probably would have left the stock pickups in this guitar.

So I took it all apart last night and installed the new tuners. I removed the pickups and toggle to replace those. Ceramic magnets in the pickups which is what I expected. They do sound pretty darn good though. Started to install the TTS set and figured out the covers on the TTS pickups were too large for the routs...:mad: The covers from the stock pickups apparently had different pole spacing so they won't work...:mad: I start searching on-line after pulling out my digital caliper to measure all the dimensions. WD Music was the only vender that I was able to find the covers with the correct dimensions and spacing if my pole piece measurement at 50mm on the TTS pickups was correct. Keeping my fingers crossed that they work. I will find out about the middle of next week when my order arrives.
Didn't you hve that same problem with the Stagg tele? I guess that's why you go through the problem this time with ordering the covers. Tell me how it works out.

Didn't you hve that same problem with the Stagg tele? I guess that's why you go through the problem this time with ordering the covers. Tell me how it works out.

you're a day late and a dollar short...outcome pictures are above...:poke:

The sad thing on the Stagg was that I ended up using the stock pickup cover, which if I had done that to begin with I wouldn't have had to change to a full size tele pickgaurd....:facepalm:

Nice job man, these ROCK out! I still have my 97 Epi SG Jr. (stock P90) the nasty little bitch. Totally_jammin_out

I picked up a Epi SG Jr last year used for $50. It was the single humbucker model and it was in mint condition - plastic still on the pickguard. I dropped a Kent Armstrong HB size P90 in it and replaced the tuning machines with the same set that I installed on this LP Special. It's a ridiculously bad ass guitar for what little money I have in it. :rawk:

Back