Dig it! HNGD - Epiphone Les Paul Special P90

vintage clubber

You gunky!
Been looking for a P90 equipped ax to drop a set of TTS Soapbars I have had new in the box for a couple of years. I tried one of these out a few weeks ago and was very impressed with how good it sounded and felt for the price point. I didn't have the cash at the time. I went back today after getting paid on some side work and selling a practice amp and brought this one home.

Noice! P90s are great pickups, and I have a soft spot for Les Pauls with P90s (I put a Les Paul Jr. on layaway a few weeks ago). That's a nice looking guitar. It reminds me of the Melody Maker Les Paul that I sold a three months ago, to pay for re-fretting one of my guitars. That was a great guitar. Enjoy your new guit!

Noice! P90s are great pickups, and I have a soft spot for Les Pauls with P90s (I put a Les Paul Jr. on layaway a few weeks ago). That's a nice looking guitar. It reminds me of the Melody Maker Les Paul that I sold a three months ago, to pay for re-fretting one of my guitars. That was a great guitar. Enjoy your new guit!

Thank you!

I am amazed at how nice the wood looks on this guitar for $129! It plays great too. I hate the tuners, but that will soon be corrected with a set of Wilkinson Vintage style tulips.

How does that thing feel being a bolt-on and all? I forget, is the neck maple or mahogany?

Feels good. I have an Epi LP Jr and SG Jr that are also bolt necks. Believe the neck is maple, but I will have to check the Epiphone site to verify. Love the worn satin finish on these things.

Edit: Per the Musicians Friend site, neck and body are both mahogany! :rawk:

So I took it all apart last night and installed the new tuners. I removed the pickups and toggle to replace those. Ceramic magnets in the pickups which is what I expected. They do sound pretty darn good though. Started to install the TTS set and figured out the covers on the TTS pickups were too large for the routs...:mad: The covers from the stock pickups apparently had different pole spacing so they won't work...:mad: I start searching on-line after pulling out my digital caliper to measure all the dimensions. WD Music was the only vender that I was able to find the covers with the correct dimensions and spacing if my pole piece measurement at 50mm on the TTS pickups was correct. Keeping my fingers crossed that they work. I will find out about the middle of next week when my order arrives.

Back