HNGD… with a question…

yeah, I have gotten guitars from them that were still sealed from the manufacturer. There is no way they could check every guitar.

Sweetwater does. They most likely don't do as much volume is Musicians Friend but at least they check each one and inspect each one.

Sweetwater does. They most likely don't do as much volume is Musicians Friend but at least they check each one and inspect each one.

Sweetwater, while a large operation, is a significantly smaller company. They have built their business on being the anti-MF. And even though sales calls are annoying, it's worked for them. Last I knew they were a $90 million company. I expect they're a $150 million company by now.

I have never ordered a guitar from Sweetwater. Do they actually do a setup or do they just "inspect" them? I wonder what they do if they find a guitar with a bad nut.

I have never ordered a guitar from Sweetwater. Do they actually do a setup or do they just "inspect" them? I wonder what they do if they find a guitar with a bad nut.

From what I know, they send it back to the manufacturer. I filled up told me that a lot of manufacturers and lower and products don't like to deal with them because they sent so many products back

I don't think that they do a full set up I think they just inspect the instrument and make sure that it's in good working order

Some of Sweetwater's guitars they have had in their showroom played less than stellar. I've played a couple that played like crap. But that's par for the course anywhere you go, really. Elderly's, Guitar Center, Sam Ash...

Like Jbird mentioned, the showroom can have some wonky guitars here and there, but I think that's from the grubby hands messing with the drop tunings and shit. Every guitar I've bought from them was set up and playable right out of the box. They do a fine job considering the volume they do. Much closer to what you get from one of the custom shops that charge much more.

Back