Dig it! HNG(kit)D and continuing build thread.

I liked the stained look although I am not a big fan of red guitars. The white looks good too.

On the stain you can see where it didn't take. Shame really, it didn't photo well but it was a nice crimson and you could still see the grain. Oil finish would have darkened it perfectly.

Work this morning.

Dyeing the back with black dye

DSC_0066.JPG

End result before scraping the binding

DSC_0069.JPG

Nighty night...

DSC_0071.JPG

Time to Start working on scanning my images and getting ready for the print shop.

I also changed my recipe for the tru oil on the neck. I think that guy I got it from is on to something.

More to come.

If it were mine, I'd make it readable while in a stand. That way, when you are playing, it's harder to read. Adds to the confusion.

I've also Decided to go straight tuxedo on it and forget the decals.

I've fallen for the previous photos of just white and black.

It's going down... (trying not to sing that stupid Pitbull/Kesha Song in my head, damn it)

DSC_0100.JPG

Bridge installed, neck clamped with tightbond II.

Tomorrow will start the Electronic, where I will start with the generic humbuckers until I have an idea what it sounds like.

Lord help me I didn't want to throw more money into this thing this month, but, my wife told me to get pickups if I needed them. I had just ordered a Seymour Duncan single coil to free up the GFS bigmouth to put in this one. But the routing is too narrow for a covered bucker. Maybe I'll send that back, but the little devil on my shoulder says to keep both it and the set of Tonerider alnico IV classics I just ordered.

First world problems I know.

Seymour duncan is going to go back I decided. There's always another day for that, and spendings been out of control the last few days. Not with this project so much as generally.

Excited though to get my hands on those Toneriders.

Last edited:
Be interested in how the Toneriders work out.

I've used some of their single coils (City Limits set in my Strat clone, and their Hot Classics tele set into my Yamaha 402S) and been very happy with both but have no experience with their humbuckers and I need a bridge humbucker for a project in the next couple of months (money permitting).

Back