HNCD Hyundai Elantra GT

TomcatMF

Vetteless
The Mercedes was getting long in the tooth (its 12 years old) and after spending $800 to fix the AC I was afraid of something else breaking that would be much more expensive so I got a new car for the other half. It's a 2014 Elantra GT. Pretty good value for what you get.
10341521_676779029072001_9099745244087596605_n.jpg

Perhaps my favorite car of all time was a new (at the time) 2001 Hyundai Accent. It was a green hatchback with a Dead Bear decal in the back window and enough room to handle musical equipment easily. I really miss that one.

I hope you have as good an experience with yours as I did with mine. :hippie:

Nice! My wife just put an order in for hers....she's swapping out her sonata hybrid for the Elantra this year.

Very nice!

Those will be one of the cars I will definitely consider when it comes time for me to buy a new one, since I want to stay with having a hatchback.

Reactions: Tig
Congrats. Hyundai really seems to be on their A game the last few years. The choice they made to hire some good designers and try to go head to head with other car companies rather than try to just be cheap seems to have really paid off. I see elantras EVERYWHERE these days, probably more than I see any other single make/model of car.

Congrats. Hyundai really seems to be on their A game the last few years. The choice they made to hire some good designers and try to go head to head with other car companies rather than try to just be cheap seems to have really paid off. I see elantras EVERYWHERE these days, probably more than I see any other single make/model of car.
They couldn't make Elantras fast enough last year even after adding a third shift in their Montgomery, AL factory.

I had to give my wife a little shit today when she came to get the kids since they just announced a recall on almost 900k Sonatas this afternoon....her car wasn't included since its a hybrid but if you're driving a "gas" sonata you'll want to take it back to the deal for shift linkage I think...

Most every review I've read/watched on the Elantra, the only bad thing I've heard is that most reviewers say the 1.8L engine is just a bit on the 'rough' side compared to most engines from the competition. And for the Elantra GT in specific, that it is a bit loud as far as road noise goes compared to other cars in the same class.

And that's really the only negative things I've seen about them.

I love this Alex On Autos reviews, he seems no nonsense, even if he does get a bit long-winded on the infotainment systems:

Most every review I've read/watched on the Elantra, the only bad thing I've heard is that most reviewers say the 1.8L engine is just a bit on the 'rough' side compared to most engines from the competition. And for the Elantra GT in specific, that it is a bit loud as far as road noise goes compared to other cars in the same class.

And that's really the only negative things I've seen about them.

I love this Alex On Autos reviews, he seems no nonsense, even if he does get a bit long-winded on the infotainment systems:

I didn't think the road noise was too bad (it's better than my Corvette in that department), but when you get on it the engine does get a little loud. Given what I paid for this car though I am not complaining too much.

The Mercedes was getting long in the tooth (its 12 years old) and after spending $800 to fix the AC I was afraid of something else breaking that would be much more expensive so I got a new car for the other half. It's a 2014 Elantra GT. Pretty good value for what you get.
10341521_676779029072001_9099745244087596605_n.jpg
So let me ask you a question. You have a two car garage that you can park two cars in? I have heard of this phenomenon but have never experienced it in real life. :embarrassed:

Back