HNCD - Egnater edition

So yeah, I managed to snag this Egnater Tweaker 112 cab for a very reasonable price. My plan was always to replace the existing speaker, a Celestion 70th Anniversary G12H, 30W, with an English-made Celestion G12M 25W, but when I gave it a test run, I found nothing I didn't like about the sound.

If it ain't broke, etc.

It seems like the perfect cab to go with my Laney.

LaneyEgnater.jpg

HNCD :thu:

I found two used ones at the GC about a year or so ago. I replaced my speakers as well as the wicker and Egnators sign. Mine just looks like a generic cab now.

HNCD!

I've been looking for a cheap 1x12 cab to go with my little 20w 6505 micro head, but no luck so far. It sounds fantastic thru my Carvin 2x12, so I'm not in a big hurry to get one, just waiting for a good deal.

Yeah, I was considering at least removing the Egnater logo, but I figure that since it's an all-original cab, it might be wiser to just keep it the way it is.

If it was some crummy brand, like, I dunno, a Behringer, I'd get that thing removed before even plugging in the damn thing.

Now I just need to get some sound clips made.

I got 2 Tweaker cabs for a great price a few years ago. Replaced the speakers with Celestion Neodym Vintages and cabs cook! Also got rid of the Egnator label and wicker grill. Replaced with black Marshall grill and kept the vent off for of a open back sound.

I might try out a few different approaches with this one, but I'm really playing at such a low volume that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Need to get my hands on an SM-57, been wanting to use that and the sE-X1 to mic the cab.

Back