HNBD! don't click on this, baimun!

From the Ric/ PRS, pedal selection and so on I just didnt think you would be a Dano fan. Just the impression I had.

Dano makes good instruments at low prices. I dig them because I can buy a 12 string or baritone for $300 instead of spending 2 grand on a Ric or building a partscaster that I'm going to play 3 or 4 times a year. And they sound and feel great.

The PRS is my main guitar. It's a totally different thing to me.

i've spent some time tonight A/Bing the Dano with my Fender MIM Precision.

unsurprisingly, the Fender sounds "deeper". this is a combination of the many factors. among them, scale length, pickups, bridge construction, and strings. i'm not even considering body wood in this comparison because while i'm sure it makes a difference, the above factors are much more tangible. the Dano sounds brighter, but also more "hollow". which is kinda cool. OTOH, it tells me that it's in desperate need of a string change, which i already knew.

the pickups on the Dano are way lower output. this is actually a good thing. each pickup alone sounds good. though i'm not so much a fan of the bridge pup on any bass and this one is no exception. but they sound excellent in-series, as do all Danos.

i need better controls though. all the sweep on the tone pot is way down at 1-3. it's like a wah down there. the rest is just extra travel.

one thing at a time. first is strings. i'll put LaBella flats on both basses and see how that changes things. especially on the Dano.

You never know...new strings might just be the ticket....I'm afraid to change the 9 year old strings on my bass. :embarrassed:

Back