HNAD (again)

ok.. new EL84 and 12AU7 in........OMFG......the change is OUT OF THIS WORLD. if you really want pretty loud AC/DC sound....leave the K5H the way it is from the factory. (i.e. you're playing in you're basement IN A HOUSE, or garage, etc.) but if you want to use it more for blues, take that G.D. 12AX7 out of there. i've now got the amp on FOUR and the pedal level on 3 and it's STILL not too loud for the apartment......AND there's bottom end to it now and very nice, well not crunch, but pre-crunch....kind of a little 'breathy'.......NOW this thing is useable.

now i can play around with settings and the eq on the blues driver, etc. i still think an attenuator would be nice. get rid of the blues driver (or just use it for lead) and dial UP the amp a little more. also with the 12AU7 those gain jumps that this amp is designed to have.....smooth out significantly. yea....you don't have the overall volume anymore.....but so freakin' what......it was WAY WAY too loud to use before the tube change.

REALLY?? i could swear i read a description earlier today that said it went in the effects loop.
maybe i need to look at that. how does it sound? do you still get decent lows and tone?

I bought one right after Barn Storm. It is an attenuator, it goes between the amp and speaker. It sounds great, I wish I had bought one years ago.

Got a chance to use the Juice Box tonight on my Fender DRRI. I wanted to play Pink Floyd's "Breathe" tonight, so I wanted to use the vibrato along with a chorus pedal to get the univibe effect. It was pretty good, but then I cranked the amp, and dialed back the Juice Box. Wow! I got some cool tone out of the amp, and it wasn't at ear splitting level for the living room. Mongooz, if your issue with your amp is that it's too loud, definitely get an attenuator. The Juice Box is only one that I've seen for under $100.

I'm glad you like it. I love mine.

well....here's the pic of the amp, cabinet and my two strats. i just wish i was NOT in an apartment, because the amp sounds pretty good when you can let it breathe.
24458052532_be3314d63d_c.jpg

well.....it's been a week-ish. i'm not getting any love from the Kustom. the tube switch did really help, but there's really no bottom to it. and last night i got the Blues Deluxe back out and did a little side by side. the Fender is staying out and the Kustom is in the closet. just doesn't sound like the Fender.
i would love to find an amp that is fender-ish but with ONE 6L6 and about 15 watts or so. i don't care about crunch, i can do that with a pedal at low volumes. i care about actual tone and having a nice round present bottom.

oh well. at least it wasn't very expensive.

Back