HNAD A Very Special Pragestock Edition: QUILTER!

CBHScott

How did I get here?
No drawn-out bullshit intro this time. Was lucky enough to be able to pick it up from FedEx last night before departing:
20140926_185507_HDR.jpg
20140926_185755_Burst02.jpg
20140926_220629_Burst02.jpg

A Quilter Aviator Ultralight 8.

Sound like a Fender Twin if it had its' balls crushed and then set on fire.

My Classic 30 had just been obsoleted :embarrassed:.

Last edited:
How is the overdrive on that? Or is it designed more for cleans, and then put your favorite od pedal in front of it?

How is the overdrive on that? Or is it designed more for cleans, and then put your favorite od pedal in front of it?

The answer is yes.

:tongue:

Well, the clean channel is nicely clean and WILL GET VERY LOUD (when I first powered it up, baimun was setting up his pedal board about six feet in front of it...oops! :grin: ), and has headroom in spades. The OD channel has a full EQ, and WILL GET VERY LOUD. The gain on the OD channel sounds more organic than SS-like, but I tried it both with just the gain channel, and a MXR OD in front of the clean channel - both worked well.

It kept up with the other rigs effortlessly, with MUCH room to move if needed - I even had to turn DOWN a couple of times - and does not sound boxy or thin, even with the 8" speaker. I never had it past maybe 40% during the jams, and only dimed it to see what it could do, :eek:

Can't wait to play with it some more, but so far I gotta say it easily lives up to the hype :cool:

Yeah. I was quite impressed with the cleans on it. Sounded good and had a bit of chime with the treble adjusted correctly as well. Congrats....that is a nice buy!

Played it a bit last night without a band :wink:.

Yep, it sounds good, but it sounds a wee bit better after about two in the volume - but what doesn't?

Again, the clean channel has headroom to at least 70%, which is huge. The dirt channel is good, but I did find that the speaker does tend to get farty at near-max gain and high master settings - but again, what wouldn't? I wouldn't be putting the amp up that high for any reason, anyway.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm done with other amps for awhile. Gonna put the MIII and the C30 on the block by the end of the week.

Back