HN(surprise)AD

What I noticed with the Brown setting is it's smart to back off the gain a bit as well as the treble knob. Can get really fizzy quite fast.
Throwing a low gain Blues Driver (in the boost section) in front of that for leads is fun. :grin:

Almost every modeling amp/multi-pedal I've ever messed with had far too gain in the higher gain presets. To get better sounds, I almost always reduce the gain and increase the output to compensate. Even the early Line 6 stuff I had in the mid-2000s sounded much better and more natural with about 20-25% less gain across the board.

These amps are really interesting me a lot. Is "quite bright" maybe too bright? or is it alright?

I like a nice warm, round sound.

If it's super-bright, do you think it might smooth out if the speaker was changed to a well-worn-in Eminence Swamp Thang? I've really been thinking about selling an unused amp or two, getting the 100w Katana head + footswitch, and pairing it up with the Swamp Thang. Everything I've heard of them sounds damned impressive.
It dials back nice enough. IMO you need the highs on the clean channel to get the sparkle and spank. Just a matter of dialing it in.

Back