hilarious conversation with my tech

2 tele pickups in-series has more balls than a 'real' humbucker. thats my theory. My Broadcaster wired up is over 18K , compared to a minibucker is around 7K. My broadcaster blows away the 52HotRod in the neck position. plus you can adjust the heights of each pickup to give different sounds/mixes of each pickup.

and people who dont like regular tele neck pickups alone are just weirdos.
if you have a nickel-silver cover or no cover , or 500K pots it solves 99% of any problems.

i find the "virtual humbucker" kinda blurry sounding. it's a cool sound, but definitely not better than the any of my humbucker equipped guitars. i'm just not a fan of mixing singles and humbuckers.

It is September 17, 2014 at 6:15pm. I'm at American Whiskey on 30th Street in Midtown Manhattan. And for the first time in a year and a half, I am in possession of this guitar.

I walked into the store a couple of weeks ago and said "hey, I've got a kid on the way and I need this thing done if you want to get paid." So it's done. AND IT SOUNDS SPECTACULAR.

The piezo can get quacky as you turn it up. But that won't be an issue as it's so loud in comparison to the magnetic pickups that it'll alway be turned down. And the setup is gorgeous.

I also had him do my other Ibanez so now I have guitars for practice tonight. If I can stand. :grin:

Also, this thread was on page thirty fucking seven (in a row?)

me: hey man, you've had my guitar for...
him: forever, i know
me: dude, what's up with it
him: i'm kinda afraid of it to be honest. but i'm getting the call, so i'll work on it this weekend.
me: great, call me with any questions
him: will do

:lol:

If it were me ...........

him: I'm kinda afraid of it to be honest.
me: Frankly I'm kinda afraid of you. Give me my guitar back.

A year and a half? I woulda had that guitar picked up 17 months ago.

Under normal circumstances I would agree. But I didn't actually care how long it took and he did other work during that time that was on a normal turnaround. I just needed it done and paid for now.

I restrung it with 13s today. 11s in C# standard kept going out of tune. I have a light touch, but apparently not light enough. Sounds MASSIVE.

Back